The Repair Shop
- The Shop
- Director’s Fix Kit
- Repair Clinics
- Repair Clinic Survey
The Largest Repair Network
- Repairs by the leading professional technicians in the industry
- Service that is affordable, timely, and unconditionally guaranteed
- Locality that is supported by the largest full-service network in the country
- Quality backed by the Music & Arts brand
Serviceable Instrument Types
- English Horn
- Alto Horn
- French Horn
- Marching Brass
- String Bass
- Bass Guitar
- Audio Equipment
- Auxiliary Percussion
- Hand Percussion
- Marching Percussion
- Tuned Percussion
Unusual or foreign instrument - we may still be able to repair them, however it is taken on a case by case basis.
Repair availability may vary by market.
- Regulation & Adjustment
- Clean & Polish
- Dent Removal
- Chemical Clean
- Valve Repair
- Pulling Slides & Mouthpieces
- Bow Rehairing
- Bridge Replacements
- Structural Repairs
Download our Repairs FAQ if you have more questions.
Contact your local store for a comprehensive list of services.
Maintenance plans are available for both rental and non-rental instruments:
Most people choose to include Liability Damage Waiver (LDW) with their instrument rental. LDW covers maintenance, repairs, and loss due to theft or fire while you are renting the instrument. Best of all, it can be cancelled at any time. Contact your local area store to understand the benefits of coverage.
To protect your instrument purchase, we also off another coverage plan, Instrument Maintenance Agreement (IMA). An IMA is a cost-effective way to go beyond home owner's insurance policies and manufacturer's warranties. It includes regular maintenance check-ups, part replacements, and cleaning. Download the agreement to learn more.
- Music & Arts has an extensive nationwide repair network servicing its 130+ stores
- We have a deep bench of certified experts who have trained with the best apprentice programs and technical colleges
- Carrying an incredible depth of knowledge our technicians continue to mold industry standards
- The Music & Arts Repair Center in Frederick, MD is also a training center for the next generation of technicians
Do you want to join our repair team? Check out available positions on our employment page.
Comprehensive Repair Facilities
- Music & Arts has over 40 repair facilities placed nationwide to service all 130+ store locations
- The Music & Arts Repair Center in Frederick, MD, is the largest full-service repair facility in the country
- All repairs and overhauls performed by our technicians are unconditionally guaranteed
- Music & Arts is an authorized service center for the most widely respected band and orchestra instrument brands
Stop by your local repair location and we'll give it a look.
Director’s Fix Kit
The Director’s Fix Kit is a deluxe brass and woodwind repair kit with the musician, private teacher and band directors in mind. The tools and guided instructions provided in this kit help save money and time with those minor or last-minute emergency repairs that would normally have had to go to the repair shop. With a little practice, this kit will enable you to perform woodwind repairs such as pad, tenon cork, head cork and key cork replacement, adjustments and much more.
"As a professional repair technician with over 35 years’ experience, the Deluxe Fit Kit is like no other on the market! Offering quality tooling, supplies and instructions in one complete kit for the novice to preform those quick and less complex repairs to save time and money."
Music & Arts travels the nation to offer educators "Tips for quick & easy instrument repairs.” These sessions feature live product demonstrations of the Director’s Fix Kit! To learn more, please visit MusicArts.com/Tradeshows.
If you would like to host our clinic at your conference, in-service, local facility or, please contact TheRepairShop@musicarts.com. The Repair Shop would be happy to serve you!
"Lots of ways to solve real world problems!"
Kaitlyn Campbell, SC
"The repair clinic was excellent; you were able to see the repair demos up close. I could sit and learn for hours"
Rebekah Weaver, DE
"It is very thorough! A variety of issues were addressed on each main instrument."
Emily Milford, NC
Thank you for visiting Music & Arts!
If you have recently attended one of our Repair Clinics, we want to hear from you! Our team strives to improve consistently their teaching style and techniques thereby making these events a successful experience for you. If you have any questions, please contact us at TheRepairShop@musicarts.com.