Make the Most of Your Summer - Musically!
It's finally summer - what will you do to musically make the most of it? If you're travelling, we have travel tips for musicians; if you're looking for stuff to do, we have fun group music lesson classes, open mic nights and so much more; or, if you're sitting at home with nothing to do, enter our Sound of the Week sweepstakes for a chance to win one of eight cool instruments.
PRIZE: Williams Digital Piano Package
This full size, digital piano with weighted keys is great for beginners and performing musicians alike. This package comes with the Williams Allegro 88-Key Digital Piano, On-Stage Heavy-Duty Keyboard Stand, On-Stage Keyboard Bench and Disney's Frozen Easy Piano Book!
Top 5 Travel Tips for Musicians
With summer gearing into full swing, you may be packing your bags (and instruments) to head out on a gig or vacation. If you're planning to take your instrument with you (which we hope you are!), we have a few tips to consider when traveling with your instrument:
- 1. Make sure your instrument case is durable to avoid travel related damages.
- 2. Make sure you put a name tag on your case.
- 3. Bring a fun selection of music to learn to play - it keeps your musical chops sharp and broadens your abilities.
- 4. Carry extra accessories such as strings, cork grease, etc. in case environment conditions affect your instrument.
- 5. Think about purchasing or renting an instrument so you have a back up for travel.
"THE MUSIC & ARTS' SOUND OF THE WEEK
WEEKLY GIVEAWAYS" SWEEPSTAKES ("Sweepstakes")
2014 OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. SPONSOR: Music & Arts, 4626 Wedgewood Blvd., Frederick, MD 21703. "Sponsor and its agents" shall mean Music & Arts, Inc.; its advertising/promotional and/or fulfillment agencies; and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries; and their respective employees, officers, directors, and agents. Sweepstakes Administrator shall mean Music & Arts, 4626 Wedgewood Blvd., Frederick, MD 21703.
3. REOCCURRING WEEKLY SWEEPSTAKES: On every Monday starting on June 9, 2014 and ending on August 3, 2014, Sponsor will start a new sweepstakes with a one week entry period (each a different "Weekly Sweepstakes") and will subsequently hold a random drawing as provided herein (each a different Sweepstakes) for a Prize ("Prize") to be determined prior to the beginning of each Weekly Sweepstakes. The entry period for each Weekly Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. PT on each Monday starting June 9, 2014, and ends 11:59:59 p.m. PT the following Sunday. The final Weekly Sweepstakes will start July 28, 2014. The Prize(s) and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") for the Prize(s) for each Weekly Sweepstakes will be posted on musicarts.com (the "Website") and will vary from week to week at Sponsor's sole discretion. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each Weekly Sweepstakes. Each entry will have an equal chance of winning. Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue the Weekly Sweepstakes at any time without notice but will complete any Weekly Sweepstakes that has started before Sponsor's discontinuation of the Sweepstakes.
4. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the contiguous 48 U.S. states and the District of Columbia, who are thirteen (13) years of age or older as of date of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Employees, and agents of Music & Arts, any prize provider, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotional agencies; and their respective officers, directors, and agents (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities"); and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible.
5. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the Sweepstakes only by online entry as follows: go to musicarts.com/SummerSweeps and follow the on-screen instructions to enter the Sweepstakes by filling out the online entry form. One entry per person ("Entrant") per Weekly Sweepstakes. If more than one entry is submitted for any Weekly Sweepstakes, only the first such entry submitted will be accepted. Any intentional attempt by a participant to obtain more than the allowable entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, or any other methods will void all of that participant's entries. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Non-winning entries will not be carried over into subsequent Weekly Sweepstakes.
By entering, Entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by Entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries; for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind; for lost or unavailable network connections; or for failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of the entries. Proof of entering information at website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Sweepstakes without prior notification. Use of computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic, automatic, and other similar means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in the disqualification of the Entrant. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered on the date the entry is submitted. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
6. POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Potential winner ("Potential Winner") for each Weekly Sweepstakes will be selected in random drawings, one for each respective Weekly Sweepstakes all occurring on or about August 7, 2014, by Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Potential Winner will be notified by telephone, U.S. mail, and/or email ("Prize Notification") and must provide by email within three (3) days of the date of the Prize Notification (the "Deadline"), his/her full name, confirmation of the email address and a mailing address ("Mailing Information") where Sponsor can send an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and a W-9 tax form (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Documents"). The mailing address must include the street address (no P.O. Boxes). If a Potential Winner does not provide the Mailing Information in response to the Prize Notification by the Deadline, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received for the respective Weekly Sweepstakes. Once Sponsor receives a Potential Winner's Mailing Information, a set of Sweepstakes Documents will be sent to him/her via either overnight mail and/or by email. Each Potential Winner (or, in the event that the Potential Winner is an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign and return the Sweepstakes Documents within three (3) days of the date of receipt or he/she will forfeit the Prize and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected. Provided that the Potential Winner has complied with these Official Rules and meets all of the eligibility requirements set forth herein, following Sponsor's receipt of the signed Sweepstakes Documents, Sponsor shall declare the Potential Winner the winner ("Winner") of the respective Weekly Sweepstakes. Return of any Prize Notification or Sweepstakes Documents as undeliverable will result in disqualification, and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received for the original drawing. Sponsor shall repeat the winner selection and notification procedures set forth in this Section 6 until a qualified Winner has been selected for each Weekly Sweepstakes. If an insufficient number of entries is received to select a Winner from any Weekly Sweepstakes, the respective Prize for that Weekly Sweepstakes will not be awarded.
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prize specifications will be determined in the Sponsor's sole discretion. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right at its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. Prize is nontransferable. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize is non-transferrable. The Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed. Each entry will have an equal chance of winning. The Prize is awarded "AS IS" and without WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
8. TAXES AND COSTS RELATED TO THE PRIZES: All applicable taxes, including all federal, state, local, and other taxes, and any license, destination, and delivery charges are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner may be required to properly fill out a W-9 tax form and issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the Prize.
10. INTERNET: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds who tampers with the entry process, operation of the Sweepstakes or Website; and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes without notice; and to select the winner from all eligible Entries received prior to the cancellation or termination. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; problems or technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, or providers; computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of human error, technical problems, or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of website; any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to any Entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
11. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. DISPUTES: Each Entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Los Angeles County, CA; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of California.
13. WINNER'S LIST: For a Winner's List, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: "THE MUSIC & ARTS Sound of the Week Sweeps" Sweepstakes, Winner's List, c/o Music & Arts, 4626 Wedgewood Blvd., Frederick, MD 21703, to be received no later than six (6) months after the completion of the Sweepstakes. Winner's List will comprise the Winners of each Sweepstakes within the six (6) months prior to receipt of the Winner's List request.
TM and © 2014. Music & Arts, Inc. All rights reserved. Music & Arts is the only Sponsor of this Sweepstakes. Various third parties are the manufacturers or suppliers of prizes offered in this Sweepstakes but are not co-sponsors of or affiliated with this Sweepstakes in any way. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.