- Item # 1571406
- Model # PMB
The MixCube studio monitors from Avantone are designed to be a perfect stereo matching pair of monitors and to replicate the wide range of “bass-challenged” devices such as car stereos, TVs, clock rad… Learn More
Reserve Now! This item is backordered but it is available to reserve now. You will not be charged until the item ships.
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Passive mini-reference monitors for demanding workflows.
The MixCube studio monitors from Avantone are designed to be a perfect stereo matching pair of monitors and to replicate the wide range of “bass-challenged” devices such as car stereos, TVs, clock radios, computers, Bluetooth devices and more. Avantone MixCubes are a bit of an upgrade from the original 5C Sound Cubes, with features including a re-engineered cabinet and a more smooth, open and transparent driver. The bass response has been extended ever so slightly as well, but the original character has been maintained. The original 5C Sound Cubes were known for always doing the job, but the MixCubes are made with a proprietary 5.25” die-cast, polished aluminum frame driver/cone assembly to exceed the performance of those originals. The paper cone is custom designed and crafted using the finest New Zealand pulp with mica fibers added for lighter weight and rigidity. The cloth surround is made in Japan to exacting and uniform thickness, and the Top Plate and T-Yoke of the driver are made of Sumitomo 1008 low-carbon steel, enabling the highest modeled flux density in the gap. The magnets are Y- 40 GRADE (MIL-SPEC) yielding a 43oz. high-power, low-distortion motor structure.
Avantone MixCube 5.25" Passive Studio Monitor (Each) - Black
- System type: Dynamic Shielded Full-Range Mono
- Frequency response: 90Hz - 17,000Hz (useful musical range)
- Impedance: Nominal 8 ohms
- SPL / Sensitivity: 93dB @ 1w / 1 meter
- Recommended power: From 10-200 watts
- Driver: 5.25" cast aluminum frame
- Cabinet: Sealed / 18mm MDF / Dacron acoustical stuffing
- Inputs: 3-way CE rated plastic encased metal binding posts (accepts up to 12-gauge wire, spade lugs, dual banana plugs)
- Weight: 7.13 lb. (per monitor)
- Dimensions: 6.5" x 6.5" x 6.5"