- Item # 0140000
- Model # 519
The Blue Dragonfly Microphone employs an innovative design to offer you fine tuning and precise placement. The Dragonfly mic will please the most discerning recordist. Combines ease of use that is wit… Learn More
Availability: Order Now!
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Like its insect cousin, the Dragonfly is fast, maneuverable, and beautifully engineered.
The Blue Dragonfly Microphone employs an innovative design to offer you fine tuning and precise placement. The Dragonfly mic will please the most discerning recordist. Combines ease of use that is without equal among contemporary microphones with a price that is considerably less than anything in its class. The Dragonfly mic is winner of both the 2001 TEC Award and an Electronic Musician's 2001 Editor's Choice award. The Dragonfly is a unique pressure-gradient cardioid condenser microphone, employing Blue's hand-built single-membrane large-diaphragm capsule coated with a 6-micron mylar film of pure gold and aluminum. Enclosed within a rotating spherical grille, the capsule can be positioned and adjusted in the smallest spaces. Complete with an integrated elastic shockmount, the microphone's electronics are based on a Class-A discrete circuit, with a transformerless output. The Dragonfly mic's sonic character gives flight to everything from vocals to percussion, electric guitar and bass, as well as more difficult sources such as saxophones and stringed instruments.Requires phantom power.
BLUE Dragonfly Microphone
- Type of mic amplifier: Solid State Discrete class A
- Type of Transducer: Pressure gradient
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz”20,000 Hz
- Rated source impedance: 50 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: not less than 1000 ohms
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa
- Signal to noise ratio: 69db (related to 1 PA at 1khz) Max.
- Sound Pressure Level for 0.5% THD: 132db
- Power Requirements: 48 volt phantom (DIN 45596, IEC8 15)
- Net weight: 640g
- Dimensions: 235mm x 45mm
- Connector: 3 pin XLR-type