Educator of the Year Nominations
Nominate your favorite music educator today!
Here at Music & Arts, nothing gets us more excited than seeing students thrive through music, and we believe that empowerment begins with music education. That’s why we recognize one outstanding music educator each year with our Educator of the Year Award. We’re looking for music educators that inspire their students and grow their programs in huge, measurable ways.
Educators of the caliber we’re looking for leave everyone they come into contact with better, from individual students down to the communities they live and work in. To find music educators worthy of this prestigious award, we rely on the public to nominate music teachers making an impact in their communities.
2018 Music Educator of the Year
Nominate a Teacher Now!
Benefits of being the Music Educator of the Year:
- $3,000 commercial account credit with Music & Arts
- $1,000 donation to a classroom of their choice through AdoptAClassroom.org
- Hotel, Airfare and Registration fee to The Midwest Clinic International Band, Orchestra and Music Conference in Chicago, IL
- Award and letter from Music & Arts, signed by our President Jeff Gottlieb
- Featured article in Music & Arts' Sound Teaching Newsletter
- Announcement of award on Music & Arts social media platforms and email subscribers
Who is eligible?
- Current, full-time educators in the U.S.
- Teaches music in public, private or homeschools. Kindergarten through Collegiate level positions are eligible to participate.
- 5+ years of music education and or performance experience.
- Successfully transferred their knowledge and passion to their pupils in hopes of developing their creative skills.
- Successful candidates will have conducted personal research and are experts in music history, theory, processes and techniques. They have devoted a major part of their careers to the advancement of the music education.
When is the deadline?
The deadline to nominate a teacher is June 21st. The deadline for a teacher to complete their application is September 25th.
What is the decision making process?
- Initial applications are electronically scored and ranked.
- Semi-finalists will be identified and asked to submit supplemental materials (video and/or written essays, testimonials, etc.).
- Finalists will be chosen after supplemental material submissions go through a judging panel by Music & Arts.
- A selective judging panel will select the winner out of the finalists.
When will Quarter-Finalists be notified?
Quarter-finalists will be notified by email no later than October 4th.
Will multiple nominations increase my teacher's chance of winning?
No. Only one submission per teacher will be reviewed. Multiple submissions and nominations will not be considered in our review process.
Can I nominate myself?
No. Nominators cannot nominate themselves
Do I have to be a customer of Music & Arts to win this award?
No, To be considered for this title, Nominees do not need to be customers of Music & Arts.