Maintenance plans are available for both rental and non-rental instruments
Most people choose to include Liability Damage Waiver (LDW) with their instrument rental. LDW covers maintenance, repairs, and loss due to theft or fire while you are renting the instrument. Best of all, it can be cancelled at any time. Contact your local area store to understand the benefits of coverage.
To protect your instrument purchase, we also offer another coverage plan, Instrument Maintenance Agreement (IMA). An IMA is a cost-effective way to go beyond home owner's insurance policies and manufacturer's warranties. It includes regular maintenance check-ups, part replacements, and cleaning. Download the agreement to learn more.
Why Buy IMA?
- Repairs are not covered by most home- owner’s insurance policies without a special rider and/or deductible. Manufacturer’s warranties only cover defects, not adjustments due to normal use.
- The cost of one year’s coverage = one average visit to the repair shop, so the coverage pays for itself even if the instrument only comes in once a year for adjustment.
- Buy two years to avoid rising labor and parts costs.
- Loaner instruments are provided upon request based on availability.
- IMA customers with a valid police report for a lost or stolen instrument are entitled to additional discounts on Music & Arts’ already low instrument purchase prices.
What Is Included?
- Regular maintenance check-ups as needed and requested.
- Adjustment and regulation of the instrument for optimal performance.
- Replacement of parts that deteriorate over time (corks, felts, springs, pads etc.).
- Repair of accidental damage to original playability.
- Cleaning as necessary to improve instrument function.
Levels of Coverage
Level 1 instruments include all student level:
- drum kits
- bell kits
Level 2 instruments include all:
- french horns
- bass clarinets
- intermediate and professional quality instruments
Terms for Enrollment
Musical instruments qualifying for immediate enrollment without pre-evaluation are all Music & Arts band and orchestra instruments purchased from one of our stores, if you purchase the IMA agreement at time of instrument purchase. Other new and used instruments purchased at Music & Arts may be enrolled based on condition and value at Music & Arts’ sole discretion. Music & Arts may require repair as a prerequisite to enrollment. Music & Arts will provide a cost estimate for the repair if Music & Arts determines repair is necessary to qualify for enrollment. Payment for repair and/or enrollment is due at time of signing. Instruments purchased from a non-Music & Arts vendor may be enrolled at Music & Arts’ discretion after the instrument passes inspection and any necessary repairs are completed and paid for in full.
- MAINTENANCE. Music & Arts will maintain the instrument in good playing condition and provide the following services:
- General checkups as necessary and as requested.
- Adjustment and proper regulation of keys, valves or slides.
- Replacement of all necessary pads, corks, felts or springs.
- Removal of dents that affect the playability of the instrument (as determined by a Music & Arts approved technician).
- Pulling of stuck slides, valves or mouthpieces.
- Cleaning and lubrication as necessary to improve playability. (Customer is responsible for basic cleaning and care.)
- Cracked wood on woodwind instruments will be pinned, if possible.
- Cases will be repaired or replaced at a price determined by Music & Arts, not to exceed 50% of our retail price.
- Repairs must be completed by a Music & Arts technician or a Music & Arts approved technician, if not, this agreement is cancelled and there are no refunds.
- Cracked plastic-bodied instruments may be repaired or replaced at Music & Arts’ discretion.
- For soprano instruments, we will be able to provide a loaner, if available.
- The MAINTENANCE agreement DOES NOT cover the following:
- Intentional damage, negligent handling or abuse to the instrument (as determined by a Music & Arts technician).
- Cosmetic damage such as: lacquer finishes, silver-plated surfaces or ornamental features such as key pearls (not affecting playability).
- Replacement of lost parts.
- Accessory items such as reeds, lubricants, straps, bows (including bow hair), rosin, ligatures, strings, drum sticks, drum heads, gig bags, customized cases, mouthpieces, mouthpiece covers, cleaning rods. Other accessory exceptions apply.
- Instruments used for business or commercial purposes.
- Music & Arts reserves the right to substitute brands or models of comparable value if and when an exact replacement is not available to Music & Arts;
- Coverage is NOT AVAILABLE for vintage instruments, sentimental value, or instruments of exceptional value as determined by Music & Arts in its sole discretion;
- No portion of the enrollment fee shall be returned to you if you elect not to replace an instrument or if the replacement option is not available to you.