Offers precise articulation and flexibility.
The D'Addario Reserve Classic Bb clarinet reed is a thick blank reed that offers a rich, warm tone, a heavy spine that promotes dynamic flexibility and exceptional tone quality in all registers, a narrow rail slope to produce consistency of response and a traditional tip thickness for ease of articulation. Reserve reeds are crafted using naturally grown cane from D'Addario's own foreign fields. D'Addario has pioneered the first practical and precise system to digitally measure and cut the incredibly complex geometrical patterns necessary to reinvent single reeds. Reserve reeds are cut to the tightest tolerances, offering the most consistent performance.
- Ideal for the advancing student and professional
- Expertly designed and made in the U.S. from naturally grown cane from D'Addario's own fields
- Available in half strengths, from 2.0 to 4.5, with special 3.5+ and 4.0+ strengths
- The Reserve line for Bb clarinet also includes a thick blank option: Reserve Classic
- Like the Reserve line, uses only the densest, lower-internode cane for durability and consistency