- Item # 1538955
- Model # COMP II
The Daking COMP II is a handmade compressor/limiter designed to be easy to use and sound like much more expensive comp/limiters. Built right here in the USA, it offers bettersounding compression… Learn More
Availability: In Stock & Ready to Ship
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Better compression on all sources in the studio.
The Daking COMP II is a handmade compressor/limiter designed to be easy to use and sound like much more expensive comp/limiters. Built right here in the USA, it offers bettersounding compression on all kinds of sources in the studio. Whether in the hands of a highlyexperienced engineer who needs fast workflow, or a novice who is not sure how to best set up a compressor, the COMP II gives professional results without a big learning curve.With big old-style analog meters and a simple setup, the COMP II is easy to understand andeasy to use. Designed carefully by Geoff Daking and Dave Thibodeau to behave well on a variety of real in-studio applications, it may challenge your notions of how good a two-knobcompressor can be.The two channel, electronically balanced COMP II, can operate in dual mono or stereo linkedmode for a beautiful stereo image. In dual mono it acts like two independent monocompressors for use on two different - perhaps unrelated - sources. There is no master channelin stereo mode. Each channel retains its independent control. For professional level limiting and compression without the price tag. Order today.
- Compensates for any gain lost in compression. For serious rock stars, note theoutput goes to 11!
- The Daking Comp II is a complex design that employs a unique method of gain reduction using a VCA like a FET. This maintains the unique Daking sound of our legacycompressors. Unlike most VCA designs, ours uses feedback gain reduction, a peak detector andan all-discrete Class A follower.
- The outboard power supply makes sure this unit is quiet and usable around the world on anyvoltage. Switches are illuminated, making it easy to see what’s “on” in a dark room.
- The rearpanel offers XLR electronically balanced inputs and electronically balanced XLR/¼” TRS outputs.Purely analog, it’s so easy to get a sound you love. This compressor may easily become your favorite.
Daking COMP II
- •Input: XLR (x2)•Output XLR (x2), TRS (x2)•Differential input and output amps
- •Class “A” amplifier for make-up gain•All metal construction with stainless steel chassis for noise immunity
- •Custom aluminum knobs•Power supply included
- •Frequency response: 20Hz-65kHz
- •THD at +4dBu input and no compression at 1kHz: Typical 0.02%, Max 0.035% (22-22kHz,Un-Wtd)
- •THD at +4dBu input and 2dB of compression at 1kHz: Typical 0.02%, Max 0.035% (22-22kHz, Un-Wtd)
- •Noise: less than -80dBu, 22-22kHz•1U 19” rack-mount
- •Unit weight: 5.35 lbs (2.45 kg)
- •Unit dimensions: L front: 19in (48.26cm) L rear: 17in (43.18cm) W: 8.375in (21.27cm)H: 1.625in (4.13cm)
- •Box weight: 8.70 lbs (3.95 kg)
- •Box dimensions: L: 29in (73.66cm) W: 14 in (35.56cm) H: 6 in (15.24cm)
- Specifications are subject to change without notice.