- Item # 1560194
- Model # Echo Master
The DEATH BY AUDIO Echo Master lo-fi vocal delay/preamp is a multitasking analog tape-style echo that rules onstage. It delivers lush vocals shrouded in dusky analog repeats and is invaluable in the s… Learn More
Reserve Now! This item is backordered but it is available to reserve now. You will not be charged until the item ships.
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
The ultimate live vocal effects unit.
The DEATH BY AUDIO Echo Master lo-fi vocal delay/preamp is a multitasking analog tape-style echo that rules onstage. It delivers lush vocals shrouded in dusky analog repeats and is invaluable in the studio while recording, reamping, mixing and more. It’s carefully voiced to avoid monitor feedback, includes a robust transformer-balanced mic preamp along with sturdy Neutrik XLR jacks and is equipped with an impedance-matching effects loop so you can patch other pedals in your vocal chain. An (optional) mic clip backplate puts the controls within reach during performances so you can tweak the delay effect as you sing, effectively remixing yourself (or your bandmates) live. Best of all, the Echo Master puts total control over your vocal sound at your fingertips, so you get the sound you want, when you want it, all the time. Since changeovers at shows can happen quickly and there isn’t always time for soundcheck, the Echo Master gets you amplified and rocking with consistent high-quality echo effects in no time at all. Simply plug your microphone into the mic input, connect the sound engineer’s vocal line to the mic output and plug your pedals into the effects loop. When you’re ready to rock, the F-Back control adjusts the number of repeats from one single echo to infinite raging feedback and the Time knob sets the delay time between 30ms – 620ms. The Mix knob is calibrated to preserve intelligibility (and keep the sound engineer happy), allowing you to sweep from bone-dry to a 50/50 wet/dry blend. In the studio, the Echo Master is a whole other animal. Use it with acoustic instrument and percussion mics to commit wild new sounds to tape (or hard drive).
- Time: Controls the delay time, with numbers labeled in milliseconds. In the Red Zone, the delay chip is pushed to the extreme. The signal decreases in fidelity as the time increases.
- F-Back: Controls the number of repeats in the delay circuit, anywhere from one to an infinite to a wall of oscillation
- Mix: Controls the level of the delayed channel in comparison to the dry signal, from fully dry to an equal mix
- Send/Receive: Plug out of the Send jack into any additional effects, then back into the Return jack to introduce new sounds into your vocals
DEATH BY AUDIO Echo Master Lo-fi Vocal Delay/Preamp
- Dimensions: 6.09" x 3.45" x 2.75" (including hardware)
- Weight: 16 oz. (w/ Alternate Back Plate 30oz.)
- Power: 9V (runs on standard 2.1mm negative center 9V adapter)
- Current Draw: 25 mA