- Item # 1526541
- Model # 0144312547
In response to low-priced import competition, Fender created the Lead Series in 1979, featuring a new solidbody design, hardtail bridge and cool new wiring options. Appealing to a wide variety of play… Learn More
Availability: In Stock & Ready to Ship
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Play lead with style, power and versatility with a comfortable, easy-to-play Fender.
In response to low-priced import competition, Fender created the Lead Series in 1979, featuring a new solidbody design, hardtail bridge and cool new wiring options. Appealing to a wide variety of players, the sleek new Lead models kicked off a fresh creative era in Fender's history. The Player Lead III, a tribute to the original 1982-only model, features a set of hot Alnico V Player humbucking pickups, dual-toggle switches for pickup selection and coil-splits and a modern "C" neck shape with medium jumbo frets. The Player Lead Series offers style, power and versatility in a comfortable, easy-to-play package. Fire up your tone with this Fender. Order today.
- Alder body with a gloss polyester finish
- Modern "C" maple neck with a satin urethane back finish, and gloss-finished front, maple fingerboard
- Player Series Alnico 2 humbuckers (neck and bridge), 3-position toggle
- 6-saddle string-thru-body hardtail bridge with block saddles, "F" logo tuners and synthetic bone nut
Fender Player Lead III Maple Fingerboard Electric Guitar
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss polyester
- Neck shape: Modern "C"
- Neck wood: Maple
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Neck finish: Satin urethane back, gloss front
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Position inlays: Black dot
- Nut width/material: 1.650", synthetic bone
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Player Series Alnico 2 humbucking pickups
- Bridge: Player Series Alnico 2 humbucking pickups
- Pickup switch: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Control layout: Master Volume, Master Tone, Additional 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Splits Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Off, Position 3. Splits Neck Pickup
- Bridge design: 6-saddle string-thru-body hardtail with block saddles
- Tuning machines: "F" logo
- Pickguard: 3-ply black
- Control knobs: Knurled flat-top
- Strings: Fender USA 250L nickel plated steel (.009-.042 gauges)