- Item # 0039960
- Model # 841351
Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble is a comprehensive method for jazz style and improvisation written by renowned jazz musician and educator Mike Steinel from the University of North Texas. This ser… Learn More
In Stock & Ready to Ship
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
A comprehensive method for jazz style and improvisation for semi-experienced trombone players.
You may be the next John Allred or Tommy Dorsey! Order this book/online audio combo and take your musicianship to new heights.
- Each Book Includes My EE Library
- Every exercise and arrangement recorded by professionals
- Repeated exercises feature rhythm section only
The basics of jazz style
- How jazz and "traditional" music are different
- Swing style introduced gradually using scat syllables
- Includes Swing Era, Bebop and Latin/Rock
Quick start the rhythm section
- Includes additional specialized material for piano, guitar, bass and drums
- Rhythm players can either play along with the full band or study individually
- Jazz history and people
- Basic stylistic periods
Composers and performers
- 7 full band arrangements
- Carefully paced performance pieces
- Sample improvised solos included
Improvisation made easy
- Starts with 2-measure phrases
- Teaches how to "jazz up" a melody
- Matches correct scales with chords
Hal Leonard Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble - Trombone (Book/Online Audio)
- Width: 9.0"
- Length: 12.0"
- 32 pages