- Item # 1425855
- Model # Emp2
There are two ways to look at the JHS Pedals Emperor Analog Chorus/Vibrato pedal. The Emperor V2 is a vintage-correct effect that absolutely nails the hard-to-find sound of the Arion SCH-1, but it's a… Learn More
Reserve Now! This item is backordered but it is available to reserve now. You will not be charged until the item ships.
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
This amazing analog chorus/vibrato will rule your pedalboard.
There are two ways to look at the JHS Pedals Emperor Analog Chorus/Vibrato pedal. The Emperor V2 is a vintage-correct effect that absolutely nails the hard-to-find sound of the Arion SCH-1, but it's also a do-it-all modulation solution whether you want a subtle sheen, convincing rotary simulation, or seasick vibrato. It utilizes a Bucket Brigade 3207 chipset to deliver the warmth of '80s-style analog chorus pedals and the designers added enough onboard and outboard control to put you in command of every aspect of the Emperor’s voice. Whether spreading its warm tones or icy sheen to a pristine-sounding stereo rig, or utilizing an external expression pedal to cop realistic rotary speaker sounds on a blues gig, the Emperor can do it all.So Much ModulationThe designers call the Emperor an analog chorus/vibrato. That’s just because calling it a true analog chorus/pitch vibrato with tap tempo/waveform selection/rotary speaker simulation/true stereo output/and more pedal would have been a pain to write every time.Updated Tone Shaping CapabilitiesMaking a good thing better? Yes please. The Emperor V1 had a Tone control which has now become the EQ control in the Emperor V2. JHS replaced the passive tone control in the V1 with an active EQ control that functions as a Tilt. You'll now have much more tone shaping capability in the V2. The overall EQ control is much improved in the Emperor V2 and you will not lose any low-end sometimes commonly found with chorus/vibrato pedals.In-Depth Tempo ControlTo control the rate of the Emperor’s effect, simply turn the Speed knob up and down or tap the tap tempo footswitch. Or for the more adventurous among us...plug in an expression pedal for variable control in real time. And you can even slave the pedal to other tap-controlled pedals for rhythmic consistency across all your effects.A Few ExtrasWhen designing the Emperor, JHS conveniently and inconspicuously tucked in stereo output and the ability to select between buffered or true-bypass operation.
- The glorious tones of a real-deal, 3207 chipset bucket brigade topology
- Mini toggle switch selects between chorus and vibrato effects
- Three available waveform types (sine, square, and triangle)
- Intuitive controls for Volume, EQ, Speed, and Depth
- Control the rate with the onboard Speed knob or tap tempo footswitch
- Internal Tap/Exp mini switch controls the side-mounted Tap/Exp TRS jack
- Use an external source to control the rate in the Tap Out setting
- LED indicator notifies you of the effect’s tempo, even when disengaged
- Plugging TRS splitter cable into the output jack is all it takes to wring true stereo output from the Emperor
- Internal switch changes from buffered to true-bypass operation
- High-quality buffer helps drive long cable runs and in-depth pedal setups while restoring high-end loss
JHS Pedals Emperor V2 Analog Chorus/Vibrato Effects Pedal
- 9V DC Negative power
- Consumes less than 100mA