- Item # 1160451
- Model # 10D18AUTHENTIC1939VT
Here to remind you why you fell in love with Martin Guitars in the first place, their Authentics Series models, like this Authentic Series 1939 D-18 VTS Acoustic Guitar, are constructed the old way -… Learn More
Availability: Order Now!
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Period-correct detailing and old school-style construction make this new take on a 1939 classic worth every penny.
Here to remind you why you fell in love with Martin Guitars in the first place, their Authentics Series models, like this Authentic Series 1939 D-18 VTS Acoustic Guitar, are constructed the old way - with hide glue, throughout, and historically-accurate detailing confirmed by using a CAT scan machine located at the Smithsonian Institute. Based on a 1939 D-18 in the Martin museum, the Authentic Series 1939 D-18 VTS Acoustic Guitar features genuine mahogany back and sides, an Adirondack spruce top, using an authentic circa 1939 bracing pattern. Period-correct "18" Authentic-style appointments, with an Authentic neck barrel and heel, complete this piece. Martin' new Vintage Tone System (VTS) is employed for the top and braces.The Martin Vintage Tone System (VTS) uses a unique recipe that is based on the historic torrefaction system. The VTS acts much like a time machine in which Martin can target certain time periods and age the top/braces to that era. This focused method allows Martin' craftsmen and women to recreate not only the pleasing visual aesthetics of a vintage guitar, but also reproduce the special tones previously reserved for vintage instruments. Includes hardshell case. If you love the look and feel of an authentic Martin, this is a wise investment.
- Body type: D-14
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: VTS Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Back & sides: Genuine Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped (Authentic Style) - Circa 1939 Rear-Shifted
- Body finish: Vintage Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Authentic 1939 Barrel & Heel
- Nut width: 1.69" (43mm)
- Fingerboard: Solid Black Ebony
- Neck wood: Genuine Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Vintage Gloss
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Headstock overlay: Solid Madagascar Rosewood/Large Golden Era Style
- Tuning machines: Waverly Nickel 4060 with Butterbean Knobs
- Bridge: Solid Black Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Vintage Tone System
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States