- Item # 1118256
- Model # WG2524
Most musical instrument sound pickups, for example those in electric guitars, are comprised of high impedance circuits driven mainly by voltage with very little electrical current flow. That is why ha… Learn More
In Stock & Ready to Ship
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
High-impedance transmission cable ideal for guitars.
Most musical instrument sound pickups, for example those in electric guitars, are comprised of high impedance circuits driven mainly by voltage with very little electrical current flow. That is why handling noise (microphonics) can be a problem for guitar cables. Microphonic noise is caused by the minute voltage generated when a cable is flexed, stepped on, etc. Guitar cables must be designed to prevent this, so a conductive PVC layer is placed under the shield conductor to drain away this voltage. Note: This conductive layer must be stripped back when wiring, or a partial short will result. Don't let your sound get lost with infereior cable. If you're a DIYer...order some today!
- DC Resistance at 20C
- Inner Conductor: 0.033?/m(0.010?/Ft)
- Shield Conductor: 0.014?/m(0.0043?/Ft)
- Capacitance at 1kHz, 20C: 130pF/m (39.7pF/Ft)
- Inductance: 0.2H/m (0.061H/Ft)
- Electrostatic Noise*: 0.15mV Max.
- Electromagnetic Noise at 10kHz*: 0.07mV Max.
- Microphonics*: 0.3mV Max
- Voltage Breakdown: Must withstand at DC 500V/15sec.
- Insulation Resistance: 100,000 M? — m Min. at DC 500V, 20C
- Flex Life: 15,000 cyles
- Tensile Strength (26C, 65%RH): 578 N
- Emigration: Non-emigrant to ABS resin
- Applicable Temperature: -20C? +60C(-4F? +140F)
- *Using standard testing methods of Mogami Wire & Cable Corp.