- Item # 1538616
- Model # MA-300SN
The MA-300SN is a multi-pattern large diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone with a satin nickel finish. Based upon the widely accepted MA-200 designed by David Royer, the MA-300SN adds a continu… Learn More
Availability: In Stock & Ready to Ship
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Designed by David Royer for excellent performance.
The MA-300SN is a multi-pattern large diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone with a satin nickel finish. Based upon the widely accepted MA-200 designed by David Royer, the MA-300SN adds a continuously variable pickup pattern selector, 15dB pad and a switchable bass roll-off. The MA-300SN gives warm, full-bodied reproductions of vocals and instruments, with none of the shrillness and high frequency distortion artifacts that are often encountered with modern condenser microphones. Utilizing hand-selected, double diaphragm 3-micron capsules, high-quality Jensen audio transformers and military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes, the MA-300SN performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best loved classic condenser microphones. The MA-300SN power supply can be set for 115V and 230V, 50 or 60 Hz, through an internal switch (100V is also available). Each MA-300SN microphone, power supply and cable set is burned in for 24 hours, carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case-within-a-case. Get the performance you want from this tube condenser mic. Order your MA-300SN microphone today.
- Remotely controlled, continuously variable polar pattern selector
- Switchable 15dB pad
- Switchable Bass Roll-off
- Hand-selected 3-micron double diaphragm capsule
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum tube
- Internal switchable power supply voltage
- Ultra clean signal path
- Includes an aluminum case, AC power supply and cable, 16-foot microphone cable with 5-pin male and female connectors, and shock mount
- Satin nickel finish
- Use anywhere you would use an expensive, large diaphragm tube microphone.
- Voice Over and Broadcast
- Acoustic Instruments
- Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Orchestral Recording
- Choral Recording
Mojave Audio MA-300SN Large-Diaphragm Multi-Pattern Tube Condenser Microphone - Satin Nickel
- Transducer type: externally polarized, pressure gradient capacitor - double diaphragm
- Diaphragm: 1" diameter, gold sputtered
- Diaphragm thickness : 3-microns
- Polar response: continuously variable from omnidirectional to figure-eight
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz, +3 dB at "flat" setting of bass cut switch. Bass cut switch provides 6dB per octave attenuation below 100 hertz in "cut" setting
- Sensitivity: -37dB re 1v/pa
- Maximum SPL: 120dB with pad off, 135dB with pad on
- Distortion: < 1% @ 117dB SPL, < 3% @ 125dB SPL with pad off, < 1% @ 132dB SPL, < 3% @ 140dB SPL with pad on
- Self-noise: 14dB nominal, not to exceed 16dB (a weighted)
- Pad: 15dB
- Bass cut: 6dB per octave below 100Hz
Dimensions and Weight
- Carrying case with microphone, power supply, shockmount and cables: 13 lb.
- Microphone: 7 5/8" x 2", 1 lb.