- Item # 1320024
- Model # REV850
The Revelle 850 cello is an entirely hand-crafted, luthier-made instrument using 15+ year aged air-dried wood. Patterned after the “Ysaÿe Guarneri del Gesu” Strad, its exquisitely graded arching… Learn More
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Professionally presentable cello, perfect for advanced students.
The Revelle 850 cello is an entirely hand-crafted, luthier-made instrument using 15+ year aged air-dried wood. Patterned after the “Ysaÿe Guarneri del Gesu” Strad, its exquisitely graded arching offers powerful and refined tones with dark and earthy nuance. It’s a seducing instrument for a discerning player.
- Maker experience is 10-15 years
- Hand-applied antiqued spirit varnish
- Carefully selected spruce top and nicely flamed 1- or 2-piece maple back
- 10- to 15-year aged sides, neck and scroll
- Well-seasoned Ebony fittings
- Wittner Ultra tailpiece
- French-made three-tree Despiau Bridge
- Thomastik-Infeld Versum Solo Strings
Revelle Model 850 Series Cello Only
- Wood: Master-grade beautifully flamed 1- or 2-piece maple back and carefully selected spruce top; neck, back and sides are 10- to 15-year aged air-dried wood from China.
- Varnish: Finest quality, hand-applied antique spirit varnish with light antiquing.
- Fittings: French-made Despiau one-tree bridge, Wittner Ultra tailpiece, and well-seasoned ebony pegs.
- Strings: Thomastik-Infeld Versum Solo cello strings offer unprecedented possibilities of combining color, sound and texture. These strings were designed for profound power, ideal response and optimal projection – and they deliver! With effortless virtuosity they are poised to enhance the performances of even the most discerning players and cut through any acoustical situation. These low-tension strings create a lively and dynamic sound while supporting your instrument's exquisite vocal quality.
- Professionally installed and 100% sound adjusted in the U.S. for reliable and comfortable playability and optimal sound.