- Item # 1546614
- Model # DK-G-roog-PF-TBSB-BK
The Dub King produces the thick, deep tone you’d expect from a short scale neck and semi-hollow body. But unlike most basses of this type, it has excellent clarity and sustain thanks to the five-piece… Learn More
Availability: In Stock & Ready to Ship
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Short-scale neck and semi-hollow body for a richer sound.
The Dub King produces the thick, deep tone you’d expect from a short scale neck and semi-hollow body. But unlike most basses of this type, it has excellent clarity and sustain thanks to the five-piece neck and lock down bridge. You can even solo the Split Brick neck pickup for super deep thump, and the split pole design keeps it focused. For a thick deep tone. Order today.
- CUSTOM PICKUPS
- We design our own proprietary custom pickups, to achieve the best tonal match with our instruments. Reverend pickups are also specifically designed for each position, for balanced volume and tone when switching.
- FIVE-PIECE NECK
- Our bass necks are constructed from five pieces of wood laminated lengthwise. This creates a stronger and more stable neck that’s less prone to warping, twisting, and humps over the life of the instrument.
- KORINA BODY
- Korina (aka White Limba) is a medium-light weight wood, highly prized for consistency and tonal qualities. Often found in boutique and vintage instruments, all Reverends feature Korina bodies. A highly resonant wood, Korina is a key factor to producing our lively, responsive instruments that are rich in harmonics.
- HIPSHOT ULTRALIGHT TUNERS
- These tuners have a housing made of aircraft grade aluminum that makes them extra-light. The difference in weight can be as much as 2-3oz less in the headstock, which means a more balanced bass that’s more comfortable to play. And the tone is great! Your bass is more defined and enhanced with the Hipshot Ultralites.
- LOCK DOWN BRIDGE
- Our bridge features allen bolts that lock each saddle down to the massive base plate. This locks the bridge into one solid unit which enhances clarity and attack, and produces bell-like sustain. This versatile bridge can also be strung string-thru-body or top-load.
- INITIALED HEADSTOCK
- Every Reverend is hand initialed and serial numbered on the back of the headstock by one of our highly skilled technicians who sets up, inspects, and tests every instrument.
- PICKUP PAN CONTROL
- This control allows you to blend the two pickups with one knob. Roll in the bridge pickup for more midrange punch, or bring up the neck pickup for more low thump and open highs. Dialing in the perfect tone has never been easier!
- CUSTOM DOME KNOBS
- Our proprietary knobs feature a lower profile which is less likely to be accidentally hit by the player's hand, and the white dot lets you easily see where your knob rotation is set.
- BONEITE NUT
- We use "Boneite," a synthetic bone nut, that is more consistent than natural bone, on all Reverend instruments. It reduces friction, allowing the strings to slide through the nut slots smoothly, improving tuning stability.
- DUAL-ACTION TRUSS ROD
- Our dual action rod adjusts in both directions, allowing back bow or forward bow. This assures correct adjustment range is possible regardless of string tension, extreme climate conditions, or the effects of long term aging. It’s also located at the headstock for easy access.
- CUSTOM JACK PLATE
- Our proprietary jack plate features four mounting screws, instead of two. The extra screws prevent the plate from tearing out of the body. Made of steel for durability, the laser etched logo adds an extra touch of class!
- PURE TONE JACK
- All Reverends use an upgraded jack by Pure Tone Technologies. The Pure Tone jack has dual contacts for improved grip, audio signal and reliability. The most dependable guitar jack available!
- 10% POTS
- We use Alpha control pots with a +-10% rating, tighter and more consistent than a standard pot. Typically used in expensive boutique guitars, but standard issue in all Reverends.
- 10% POLY CAPS
- We use caps with a +-10% rating. Our caps are made to tighter specifications, so they’re more consistent. Made of polyester, they’re also longer lasting, and less affected by temperature than cheaper ceramic caps. Typically used in expensive boutique guitars.
Reverend Dub King Electric Bass
- Semi-Hollow Korina, Solid Spruce Top
- PICKUPS Thick Brick Bridge Split Brick Neck BRIDGE
- String-thru-body or Top-load, 3/4" spacing.
- 5-Piece Korina/Walnut
- NECK PROFILE
- Medium Oval
- Blackwood Tek - 12" Radius
- 21 Frets
- TRUSS ROD
- Dual Action, Headstock Access
- Hipshot Ultralight, 1/2" Dia. Shaft
- 42mm width, Boneite
- Volume, Tone, Pickup Pan
- Available Separately