- Item # 1163521
- Model # DOC
The premier S.E. Shires B-flat trumpet, the Destino III was developed through a close collaboration between Doc Severinsen and the craftsmen of S. E. Shires over several years. The Destino III include… Learn More
Availability: Order Now!
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
A special trumpet, beautifully rendered.
The premier S.E. Shires B-flat trumpet, the Destino III was developed through a close collaboration between Doc Severinsen and the craftsmen of S. E. Shires over several years. The Destino III includes several specific design elements not found on other standard S.E. Shires trumpet. As you might expect, it works outstandingly for jazz and for commercial/popular music. It has also become popular among discriminating classical trumpet players who find it useful for everything from solo literature to large orchestral works.Doc Severinsen has poured a lifetime of experience, and countless hours of experimentation, research, and development at the S.E. Shires factory into achieving the incredible balance of components that make up the Destino III. The custom leadpipe provides an ideal combination of stability and flexibility, with a blow "right down the center;" its efficient front end balances the openness of the un-braced, semi-round tuning slide while complimenting the centered, custom Model A bell taper. Nickel-silver balusters add brilliance and character to the sound. Narrow bracing contributes to the instrument' superlative response, cleanness, and ease of attack. Powerful and direct in the upper and middle registers, this instrument also boasts a surprisingly beefy low register. And despite its potential for great power, the Destino III' lightweight front end and efficient venturi make it capable of incredible delicacy. The Doc Severensin Destino III unlocks an unbelievably broad spectrum of nuance and color for any player.
S.E. SHIRES Doc Severinsen Destino III Bb Trumpet
- Key: Bb
- Bore: .459-inch
- Bell: 4-3/4-inch one-piece, hand-hammered, custom Doc Severinsen œA (centered) taper in standard weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and French (flat) bead
- Doc Severinsen Leadpipe: .345-inch venturi, lightweight yellow brass; efficient, flexible, open and free blowing with easy, immediate response
- C tuning slide: unbraced, semi-round dual-radius bend with standard water key; flexible, responsive and malleable at low volumes, powerful and bold at high volumes
- Piston material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve cluster: two-piece casings, lightweight with nickel-silver balusters; short bracing between the bell and valve cluster, and between the valve cluster and leadpipe
- Bell engraving: Doc Severinsen Destino III custom engraving
- Features: custom lightweight slides with heavyweight crooks, 1st valve slide harmonic balancer (adjustable tension weight in crook), 3rd valve slide water key
- Finish: silver plate