- Item # 0194338
- Model # TBMD
The Michael Davis Trombone was developed through a close collaboration between virtuoso Michael Davis and the craftsmen of S. E. Shires. The resulting instrument is genuinely unique and includes sever… Learn More
Availability: Order Now!
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Signature instrument with a jazz and commercial orientation.
The Michael Davis Trombone was developed through a close collaboration between virtuoso Michael Davis and the craftsmen of S. E. Shires. The resulting instrument is genuinely unique and includes several specific design elements not found on standard S.E. Shires custom trombones. Top professional players from around the world, including New York, Los Angeles, Tokyo and London, have described the Michael Davis Trombone as the finest small-bore tenor trombone they have ever played.The lightweight nickel-silver handslide construction offers clean, precise articulations. The custom 7½-inch, yellow-brass bell retains a clear, pure sound with strong fundamental, and keeps a very consistent tone color and overtone structure throughout the range of dynamics. This is combined with the ease of playing and projection for which S.E. Shires instruments are famed. Responsive and nimble, the Michael Davis model trombone is at home in any jazz or commercial setting. The Michael Davis Trombone includes a case.
S.E. SHIRES Michael Davis Model Trombone
- MD Bell: 7½-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered MD custom taper in lightweight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seams and soldered bead
- SY1.5 Tuning Slide: drawn yellow brass
- T95MD Handslide: .495-inch, lightweight nickel silver, MD cork barrels and narrow right-hand slide brace, yellow-brass crook
- Michael Davis Model 1.5 leadpipe in yellow brass
- Bell engraving: S.E. Shires Michael Davis Model custom engraving