- Item # 0220216
- Model # TBMDP
The Michael Davis Plus Trombone was developed through a close collaboration between virtuoso Michael Davis and the craftsmen of S. E. Shires to answer the call for something a little bigger than the o… Learn More
In Stock & Ready to Ship
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Smaller bell, focused and consistent tonal color.
The Michael Davis Plus Trombone was developed through a close collaboration between virtuoso Michael Davis and the craftsmen of S. E. Shires to answer the call for something a little bigger than the original Michael Davis Trombone. The resulting instrument shares many of the specific design elements of the original, not found on standard S.E. Shires custom trombones. An instrument of exceptional versatility, the Michael Davis Plus combines warmth and roundness of sound with superb core and sizzle, making it the ideal trombone for any performance situation.The lightweight nickel-silver handslide construction offers clean, precise articulations. The custom 7¾-inch, yellow-brass bell retains a clear, pure sound with strong fundamental, and keeps a very consistent tone color and overtone structure throughout the range of dynamics. This is combined with the ease of playing and projection for which S.E. Shires instruments are famed. Responsive and nimble with a big sound, the Michael Davis + model trombone is at home in any jazz or commercial setting. The Michael Davis Plus Trombone includes a case.
S.E. SHIRES Michael Davis Plus Model Trombone
- MD+ Bell: 7¾-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered MD+ custom taper in lightweight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seams and soldered bead
- SY1.5 Tuning Slide: drawn yellow brass
- T08MD Handslide: .508-inch, lightweight nickel silver, MD cork barrels and narrow right-hand slide brace, yellow-brass crook
- Michael Davis + Model 1.5 leadpipe in yellow brass
- Bell engraving: S.E. Shires Michael Davis + Model custom engraving