- Item # 1559417
- Model # T4SRZ
If you're an alnico 2 lover, the Sheptone Tribute 4 Humbucker Set is for you. Handcrafted one at a time, each pickup is built with the material, attention to detail and time it takes to do it right. O… Learn More
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Handcrafted pickup set, designed for punch and clarity.
If you're an alnico 2 lover, the Sheptone Tribute 4 Humbucker Set is for you. Handcrafted one at a time, each pickup is built with the material, attention to detail and time it takes to do it right. Original PAF pickups came with alnico 5 or alnico 2 magnets, depending on what was available. Alnico 2 tends to be a bit squishy on the bottom end and can get muddy in the neck position. The best solution for this is to use an alnico 4 magnet which still has a nice dense field, with a lower coercive strength. This magnet gives the smoother character of alnico 2, while maintaining good clarity and punch. Resistance may vary from set to set since the winding process goes strictly by the number of turns of wire, but DC resistances tend to be around 8.0k for the bridge and 7.6k for the neck. Order the Tribute 4 Humbucker Set today.
- Reverse zebra (black slug) proprietary butyrate bobbins ensure a coil and tone consistent to the originals every single time
- Rough finished, degaussed alnico 4 magnets for articulate notes, wide dynamics and more mids
- 42AWG plain enamel wire
- Vintage spec’d German nickel silver baseplates with long feet accommodate even the biggest height adjustments
- Vintage braided wire to stay true to the authenticity of the originals
- Standard Gibson P.A.F. style 49.2mm pole spacing