- Item # 1314692
- Model # MS-5089
The 5089 filter is a voltage controlled, discrete analog, 24 db/oct transistor ladder and low-pass filter that features hand-matched transistors. In its lowest FREQUENCY setting, the ladder low-pass f… Learn More
In Stock & Ready to Ship
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Modular synthesis essential.
The 5089 filter is a voltage controlled, discrete analog, 24 db/oct transistor ladder and low-pass filter that features hand-matched transistors. In its lowest FREQUENCY setting, the ladder low-pass filter removes, or cuts off higher frequency harmonics; its RESONANCE or Q circuit emphasizes those harmonics to the point of giddy self-oscillation, tracking the keyboard in its full setting if seeking an alternative sine wave.The 5089 has the roundest, slickest tone of all the Boomstar's filters. Go easy on it, and round, creamy buttery flavors wrap the oscillators in an earthy warmth; smash it and a meaty, satisfying overdrive of vintage 1960s and 1970s second‑order harmonic distortion emerges. Every setting is balanced and bountiful. Looking for traditional R ’n B baselines and leads? Focus here on the rich saturation of this benchmark filter and its symmetrical cascades of generation-stretching timbres. Potentiometer PotentialThree attenuverter and four attenuation pots control the FREQUENCY, RESONANCE, FREQ CV 1, RESO CV, FREQ CV 2, INPUT and OUTPUT.Switch it UpClassic Minimoog FULL and HALF strength filter frequency keyboard/voltage tracking for rounder low end with brilliant highs.Patch it Up1 V/O, FREQ CV 1, FREQ CV 2, RESO CV, INPUT and 2x OUTPUT. Gentle or extreme, Boomstar modular can find your sound. order today.
All Controls and Patch Points
- FREQUENCY – Adjusts the frequency, or cut-off of the filter.
- RESONANCE – Adjusts the resonance of the filter. *
- FULL HALF TRACK – Switch between full and half keyboard/voltage tracking.
- FREQ CV 1 – Frequency control voltage 1 input attenuverter.
- RESO CV – Resonance control voltage input attenuverter.
- FREQ CV 2 – Frequency control voltage 2 input attenuverter.
- INPUT – Adjusts the audio input.
- OUTPUT – Adjusts the audio output.
- 1 V/O – One volt per octave control voltage input.
- FREQ CV 1 – Frequency control voltage 1 input.
- FREQ CV 2 – Frequency control voltage 2 input.
- RESO CV – Resonance control voltage input.
- INPUT – Audio input.
- OUTPUT x2 – Audio outputs.
- Size - 12hp
- Depth - 40mm with ribbon cable attached
- Power Usage - 40mA, 27mA (+12 / -12)