- Item # 1526514
- Model # DU4-TG8
The DURGA tenor sax mouthpiece has an even bigger, richer, contemporary sound. It is powerful and warm sounding simultaneously, so it can scream and play amazing ballads. No longer does the saxophonis… Learn More
Availability: Order Now!
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Powerful sound with a rich warmth lets you project beautiful tones.
The DURGA tenor sax mouthpiece has an even bigger, richer, contemporary sound. It is powerful and warm sounding simultaneously, so it can scream and play amazing ballads. No longer does the saxophonist need to have a thin sound in order to get huge power and projection.The DURGA 4 does everything the DURGA 3 did, just better. The secret to the DURGA 4 comes from Theo's latest research and development, coming up with a newly designed baffle, coupled with conical inner side walls and a special version of their True Large Chamber incorporating an Inverted Power Ring. The Inverted Power Ring is set at the back of the chamber and works with the physics principle of 'boundary layer effect', much like a golf ball's dimples. This allows the mouthpiece to get all the benefits of the True Large Chamber and the extra power needed for contemporary playing.No other mouthpiece in history has been designed like this. It will blow you away since it can both scream and play a soft ballad. It is so much fun to play! Its huge sound makes everything before it sound thin and/or stuffy by comparison."Playing the DURGA was like meeting a woman and saying, when I first kissed her I knew that was it! She is the one!" - Sir Waldo Weathers (James Brown for 15 Years)The DURGA tenor is also being used on tour with Marcus Anderson (Prince), Adrian Crutchfield (Bette Midler), Tim Izo Orindgreff (Black Eyed Peas), Mark Douthit (Elton John) and by such superstars as Dino Saldo. The DURGA 4 has evolved from the DURGA 1, 2 and 3 with more fullness and core to the sound, extending the dynamic range of your horn, and a greater sense of 'freedom of expression'. Versatile sound for your tenor saxophone. Order today.
- Great for Jazz, R&B, and Rock n' Roll
- Projects a sensual tone that makes everyone want to dance
- It is so unique; it really has to be played to be understood and believed
- Radical proprietary Inverted-Power-Ring and True Large Chamber! Rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip
- Uniquely shaped long step baffle
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces
Theo Wanne DURGA 4 Gold Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece
- Case: Leatherette
- Serial Number: Includes serial number
- Plating: Reticulated 24K gold plating with highlights on logo
- Ligature: Integrated two-point contact 24K Gold Plated Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads