Affordable intermediate viola with ebony appointments.
The Andreas Eastman model VA305 Andreas Eastman Series step-up viola outfit is one of the most popular step-up violas in both appearance and sound. The strong tonal and visual presence comes from a select spruce top and highly flamed maple back, ribs and scroll. These vibrant, hand-crafted tonewoods are treated with a hand-applied antique-style spirit varnish to bring out the superior flame of the wood. Each VA305 viola includes high-quality ebony pegs, tailpiece and chinrest.
- Top: Carved European or Chinese spruce
- Back: Carved European or Chinese maple
- Sides: Carved European or Chinese maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Purfling: Genuine hand-inlaid
- Bridge: Despiau 1 Tree
- Finish: Antiqued-styled shaded spirit varnish
- Bow: BA301 Series carbon fiber
- Sizes: 17" to 12"