Hand-crafted violin designed for intermediate players.
The VL405 Andreas Eastman Series Step-Up violin outfit is a highly desired step-up instrument in appearance and sound from previous models. The VL405 features a meticulously hand-carved instrument with a premium spruce top and highly flamed maple back and sides. The superior tonal qualities of these premium tonewoods is enhanced by a hand-applied multi-layered antiqued spirit varnish that emulates the best varnishes from a small number of master workshops of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. These master workshops located in Markneukirchen, Germany created a gently shaded spirit varnish that added to the appearance of depth in the tonewoods of each instrument while promoting the free, ringing sound of the violin. This same type of varnish development is used on each VL405 violin to enhance each instrument into something a player highly desires.
- Top: Carved premium European or Chinese spruce
- Back: Carved highly flamed European or Chinese maple
- Sides: Carved highly flamed European or Chinese maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Bridge: Despiau 2 Tree
- Case: 4/4 to 7/8 Cordura covered Oblong; 3/4 to 1/4 Cordura covered Dart
- Bow: BL301 Series carbon fiber
- Sizes: 4/4 to 1/2