A trombone with an Infinity valve section and the option of a 42 bell.
The Bach A42I combines the great features of an Artisan A47I “Infinity” valve section with the option of a 42 bell. Identical in many ways, the one aspect that stands out is the rate of taper compared to the 47 bell. The 42 bell taper is more gradual, to offer a more breadth or width of sound. The A42I features the “Infinity” axial flow valve, a design that eliminates the metal-to-metal contact found in any other axial flow designs with the use of sealed bearings both in the nose and in the back plate. This patented design assures tight tolerances that will resist wear over time. The 0.547" bore Artisan handslide features a brass cross brace on the inner slide and contoured water key, with a newly designed threaded leadpipe receiver. The Bach Artisan A42I model includes three interchangeable brass leadpipes to allow players more options to fit their individual needs.
- Type: F-Attachment trombone
- Tuning: Bb/F
- Level: Custom/Artisan
- Leadpipe material: Yellow brass
- Bell material: Yellow brass
- Body material: Yellow brass
- Bore diameter: 0.547"
- Bell diameter: 8.5"
- Slide: Nickel silver
- Valve type/const: Infinity axial flow
- Finish: Clear lacquer
- Country of origin: United States
- Case: Wood frame
- Mouthpiece: No
- Customizable modular design
- Large bore trombone
- One-piece hand-hammered bell with soldered round wire bell bead
- Reverse construction main tuning slide
- Open wrap F-attachment
- Infinity axial flow valve
- Standard handslide
- Three interchangeable leadpipes: 47, 42, 42O Open