A modular F-attachment trombone with elegant and ergonomic design.
The Bach A42X combines the great features of an Artisan X wrap valve section with the option of a 42 bell. Identical in many ways, the one aspect that stands out is the rate of taper compared to the 47 bell. The 42 bell taper is more gradual, to offer a more breadth or width of sound. The X wrap design was developed through extensive research to achieve a balanced resistance and improved air flow throughout the valve section. This result created a truly even feel in and out of the valve range that extends throughout the most expansive registers. The X wrap also includes the standard Artisan rotor with a shorter throw and improved transition between notes. Comfort is greatly improved with the elegant and ergonomic design of a contoured rosewood thumb rest. The 0.547" bore Artisan handslide features a brass cross brace on the inner slide and contoured water key, with newly designed threaded leadpipe receiver. The Bach Artisan A42X model includes three interchangeable brass leadpipes to allow players more options to fit their individual needs.
- Type: F-Attachment trombone
- Tuning: Bb/F
- Level: Custom/Artisan
- Leadpipe material: Yellow brass
- Bell material: Yellow brass
- Body material: Yellow brass
- Bore diameter: 0.547"
- Bell diameter: 8.5"
- Slide: Yellow brass
- Valve type/const: Artisan standard rotor
- Finish: Clear lacquer
- Country of origin: United States
- Case: Wood frame
- Mouthpiece: No
- Customizable modular design
- Large bore trombone
- One-piece hand-hammered bell with soldered round wire bell bead
- Reverse construction main tuning slide
- Standard Artisan rotor with improved action and shorter throw
- X wrap F-attachment
- Standard handslide
- Three interchangeable leadpipes: 47, 42, 42O Open