An artisan-standard, large bore trombone with component customization.
The Bach A47X features a design that was developed through extensive research to achieve a balanced resistance and improved air flow throughout the valve section. This X wrap design creates a truly even feel in and out of the valve range that extends throughout the most expansive registers. The standard Artisan rotor offers a shorter throw to provide improved transition between notes. Player comfort is enhanced with the elegant and ergonomic design of a contoured rosewood thumb rest. The 0.547" bore Artisan handslide features a brass cross brace on the inner slide and contoured waterkey, with newly designed threaded leadpipe receiver. This model includes three interchangeable brass leadpipes to allow players more options to fit their individual needs.
- Type: F-Attachment trombone
- Tuning: Bb/F
- Level: Custom/artisan
- Leadpipe material: Yellow brass
- Bell material: Yellow brass
- Body material: Yellow brass
- Bore diameter: 0.547"
- Bell diameter: 8.5"
- Slide: Yellow brass
- Valve Type/const: Artisan standard rotor
- Finish: Clear lacquer
- Country of origin: United States
- Case: Wood frame
- Mouthpiece: No
- Customizable modular design
- Large bore trombone
- One-piece hand-hammered bell with soldered flat wire bell bead with 47 taper
- Reverse construction main tuning slide
- X wrap F-attachment
- Standard Artisan rotor with improved action and shorter throw
- Standard handslide
- Three interchangeable leadpipes–47, 42, 42O Open