A modular F-attachment trombone with balanced resistance and excellent air flow throughout the valve section.
The Peter Steiner signature model, A47XPS, features a detachable flare screw bell option with lightweight gold brass bell. Alongside the standard A47X, this was developed through extensive research to achieve more balanced resistance and improved air flow throughout the valve section. The result led to the X wrap design, creating a truly even feel in and out of the valve range that extends throughout the most expansive registers. Features also include the standard Artisan rotor with a shorter throw and improved transition between notes plus a comfortable, elegant and ergonomic designed contoured rosewood thumb rest. The 0.547" bore Artisan handslide features a brass cross brace on the inner slide and contoured water key, with newly designed threaded leadpipe receiver. This model includes three interchangeable brass leadpipes to allow players more options to fit their individual needs.
- Type: F-Attachment trombone
- Tuning: Bb/F
- Level: Custom/Artisan
- Leadpipe material: Yellow brass
- Bell material: Gold brass
- Body material: Yellow brass
- Bore diameter: 0.547"
- Bell diameter: 8.5"
- Slide: Yellow brass
- Valve type/const: Artisan standard rotor
- Finish: Clear lacquer
- Country of origin: United States
- Case: Wood frame
- Mouthpiece: No
- Customizable modular design
- Large bore trombone
- One-piece hand-hammered detachable lightweight gold brass bell with soldered flat wire bell bead and 47 taper
- Reverse construction main tuning slide
- X wrap F-attachment
- Standard Artisan rotor with improved action and shorter throw
- Standard handslide
- Three interchangeable leadpipes: 47, 42, 42O Open