Single-channel amp head with versatile clean and overdriven tones.
The Bad Cat Cub 30W tube guitar amp head is an enhanced iteration of the boutique classic. The Cub has been used on countless stages and recording sessions—its original circuitry was simple, yet extremely versatile, offering punch and chime. The Cub 30W head is a single-channel amplifier with two distinct gain modes: Clean and Overdrive. The original Cub circuitry has been further developed and is accessed in the Clean mode—go from bright, chiming, classic cleans to smooth, touch-responsive edge of breakup. Switch the front-panel toggle to Overdrive mode to engage an additional tube gain stage for more harmonic content and complexity. The Cub amp head also offers two switchable, independent master volume controls that can be preset for lead and rhythm volumes. It also includes a powerful midrange control, studio-quality reverb and a fully buffered effects loop.
- 30 watts
- 2xEL34 power tubes, 3x12AX7 tubes
- Individual speaker outputs: 4, 8, 16, 2x4, 2x8 ohms
- Baltic birch cabinet
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 20.75" x 10.375" x 10"
- Weight: 31 lb.
- Single channel
- Clean/Overdrive gain selector switch
- Two switchable master volumes
- Studio-quality reverb
- Buffered FX loop
- Custom hand-wound Bad Cat transformers
- Two-button footswitch: Clean/Overdrive and Master Volume One/Two
- Line out
- 3-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Designed and built in Costa Mesa, California