A versatile, portable active reference monitor.
The BASSBOSS SV9-MK3 is an active, two-way studio reference-quality, full-range monitor that can venture outside the studio thanks to its power, rugged finish, handles, grille and easy-to-manage weight. With a mind-blowing output-to-size ratio, this self-powered unit deliveries a very compact and portable system approach for those who need premium quality and impressive output, perfect for sound providers and venues who need to cover distanced crowds without large, heavy and obtrusive cabinets. The SV9-MK3 also provides extremely flat frequency response with a neutral character for critical monitoring duties.
The amplifiers and DSP feature powerful 96kHz processors with pristine sound quality and eight touch-of-a-button onboard presets. The state-of-the-art asymmetrical Class-D amplifier provides a true 1,200 watts of RMS power and features enhanced power allocation between the HF and LF drivers. Control BASSBOSS software provides additional computer-accessible presets, networked remote control and remote DSP update capabilities. Each unit features dual Ethernet ports with a built-in network switch for computer connectivity and cascading networking ability. IP65 waterproof connectors provide peace of mind in unpredictable environments, and the MK3 line offers 90–250V AC global power compatibility for use all over the world.
The custom developed 9" neodymium LF features a 2.5" voice coil for greater power handling and higher output, and the single-roll rubber surround provides a very smooth frequency response. The SV9 uses an annular diaphragm ring-radiator HF driver. Its lighter diaphragm results in lower distortion and extended HF response. The smaller neodymium motor of the HF driver offsets the added weight of the larger LF motor. The Baltic birch cabinet is finished in durable, high-pressure polyurea coating, features integrated handles and a steel pole socket. The optimized cabinet construction, design and premium components all contribute to a rich, smooth sound for any occasion. BASSBOSS loudspeakers are also protected for safe, high-power operation ensuring unparalleled sustained performance and longevity.
- Frequency response (±3dB): 50–19,000Hz
- Maximum sustained output: 118dB SPL, 1 m, 2pi, half-space
- Max SPL (peak): 121dB
- Nominal dispersion (H° x V°): 90 x 60 (rotatable)
- Amplification: 1,200W Class-D amplifier
- Processing: High and low pass, equalization, phase alignment and limiting
- Enclosure type: 2-way full-range/mid-high. Direct radiating vented LF section, horn-loaded HF section
- Transducer (low frequency): 9" diameter (220 mm) neodymium motor woofers with 2" (64 mm) copper winding voice coil
- Transducer (high frequency): 1.5" (38 mm) diaphragm compression driver on 1" throat 90 x 60 degree constant directivity horn
- Cabinet construction: 15 mm Baltic birch plywood, 2 handles, 4 internally braced fly points and a 35 mm pole socket
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 18"x10" (front) x 7" (rear) x 15"
- Weight: 26 lb.
- Active, two-way, studio reference-quality, full-range monitor
- Extremely flat frequency response and a neutral character
- 96kHz processors with pristine sound quality and onboard presets
- Class-D amplifier provides a true 1,200 watts of RMS power