The iconic Roland RE-201 Space Echo sound in a compact pedal design.
The 11-position mode selector lets you dial in different virtual tape heads with or without spring reverb, and you can balance the echo/reverb blend with independent level knobs. Every behavior is accurately replicated, such as the gradual pitch change that occurs with Repeat Rate tweaks and the runaway feedback that happens when maxing the Intensity knob. And with the expressive Wow & Flutter control, you can conjure all the natural modulation characteristics that are essential to the Space Echo sound.
Take your sound further with versatile features for today’s music. Delay time has been doubled and tap tempo control is supported, and there’s a Twist function for creating evocative special effects as you perform. For the dry sound, you can choose between the warm and fat RE-201 preamp tone, or a clean signal with zero processing. Full stereo I/O is available, and it’s possible to mute the dry signal for parallel effect setups and studio use. The RE-2 Space Echo also supports expanded control via external footswitches or an expression pedal, including continuous pedal control of multiple panel functions at once.
- Authentic sound and behavior of the legendary Roland RE-201 Space Echo in a compact pedal
- Classic multi-head tape echo sound with expanded delay time
- Original three-head configuration and 11 different sound combinations
- Vintage RE-201 spring reverb sound with modern stereo operation
- Wow & Flutter control for introducing varying levels of natural tape modulation
- Twist effect with footswitch control
- Select between the unprocessed analog dry signal or the modeled sound of the original Space Echo preamp
- Tap tempo and carryover functions
- True stereo input and output
- Expandable control via external footswitches or an expression pedal
- BOSS five-year warranty