- Item # 1484249
- Model # MIX
Distorting bass has always been a very challenging engineering endeavor. In order to achieve a punchy, and aggressive distortion that is also full and fat-sounding, you need to reconcile two contradic… Learn More
Availability: In Stock & Ready to Ship
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Get tight, punchy sound while turning up the dirt.
Distorting bass has always been a very challenging engineering endeavor. In order to achieve a punchy, and aggressive distortion that is also full and fat-sounding, you need to reconcile two contradicting conditions: The tightness comes from attenuating bass frequencies before saturation, which will also result in a very thin signal. But boosting the lows will result in additional, unwanted fuzz. The Darkglass Microtubes X is the company's solution to that problem in a very compact form: The signal is split by two variable low-pass and high-pass filters at the very very beginning. The high-pass signal (mostly mids and treble) is distorted using CMOS circuitry, just like older Microtubes pedals.The low pass-signal (all bass) is left untouched. Letting the high side be all crunch, attack, and rich harmonics while mixing back the lows to add gargantuan size to the overall mix. The result is virtually unlimited fullness, size, aggression, and definition, regardless of how old the strings, and boomy or thin instruments. The Microtubes X offers all of this in a compact form, with very few controls to tweak, making it almost impossible to dial wrong. Call or click to order today!
Darkglass Microtubes X Distortion Bass Effects Pedal
- High-pass frequency: controls the cutoff frequency to be
- distorted, ranging from 100Hz (for thicker, fuzzier saturation) or
- 1kHz for ultra-sharp definition.
- Low-pass frequency: controls the cutoff frequency to be mixed
- back to the high-pass side. Ranging from 50Hz (for only
- sub-bass) and 500Hz to preserve some clean mids.
- Level: Sets the overall output volume of the unit.
- Drive: Sets the amount of distortion for the high pass side.
- Mix: Sets the blend between low-pass and high-pass signals.
- Mids: Active mid control placed after the Mix control. +-12dB @
- Input: 1/4" connector for the instrument.
- Input Impedance: 1M_ impedance.
- Output: 1/4" connector for the amplifier or next effect in the
- Output Impedance: 1k_.
- 9VDC: Center negative, regulated 9VDC only.
- Current Consumption: 30mA