- Item # 1070863
- Model # 71404
A premium quality, world class banjo that is known around the world for its crisp tone - The Calico is exceptionally dynamic for both powerful sound and instantaneous response; providing a great tool… Learn More
Availability: In Stock & Ready to Ship
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Beautiful to look at and fun to play!
A premium quality, world class banjo that is known around the world for its crisp tone - The Calico is exceptionally dynamic for both powerful sound and instantaneous response; providing a great tool for all styles of music.The Deering Calico Banjo has a beautiful honey stained curly maple neck and resonator with purfling and ivoroid binding. Mother-of-pearl scroll inlays adorn the ebony fingerboard. The Calico Banjo's neck has a two-way adjustable truss-rod, as do all Deering banjos. Bound in white, the peghead has an elegantly finished look. The slender neck shape is fast and easy to play.The power, brilliance, and clarity of tone come from our three-ply maple rim, zinc flange, and the Deering -06- 20 Hole Bronze Tone Ring and , combined with a figured Eastern hard rock maple neck and resonator. All Deering 5-string banjos are fitted with a geared fifth string tuner for smooth, easy, and precise tuning.The inside walls of the resonator are tapered to maximize the sound and give you the instant response and clear tone of a Calico banjo.At this price point Deering adds two features, they taper the inside of the resonator walls for added projection of tone, and also add the feature of glued in frets. Each fret is fitted to the fingerboard and glued in place so that in the future when the frets are worn out, they can be heated up and the glue will release without chipping the fingerboard. You will gain these benefits on every model from the Calico on up the line.Tone:With a brighter tone than mahogany, maple provides a beautiful bass response and great highs. The banjo plays string to string and up the neck at a consistent clarity and excellent volume so it is easily heard amongst a band. Includes case. For the serious player who can tell the difference. Order today.
- Curly Maple with a Honey Stain
- Natural Ebony Fingerboard
- 22 Glued In Nickel Silver Frets
- Mother of Pearl Scroll Inlays
- Ivoroid Bound Fingerboard
- Multi-color Neck Purfling Trim
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Deering Planetary Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- Bound Neck and Peghead
- Slender, Comfortable Deering Neck Shape
- High Gloss Finish
- Deering -06- Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Deering Premium Violin Grade 3-ply Maple Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11" Top Frosted Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks with ¼" Hex Nuts
- One Piece Nickel Plated Zinc Flange
- 5/8" Deering Maple/Ebony Bridge
- Deering True Tone Tailpiece
- Satin Finish
- Curly Maple
- Coral Snake Wood Purfling Trim
- Ivoroid Binding
- Shallow Depth for Quick Response
- The Resonator Sides are Specially Tapered on the Inside for Projection of Tone
- High Gloss Finish
- Includes case
Deering Calico Banjo
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4"
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4"
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8"
- Overall Instrument Length 38"
- Weight Approx. 11 lbs