- Item # 1149813
- Model # G2-19
The 23-inch scale on the Goodtime 2-19 Fret Tenor gives the jazz player a fast scale but with lots of notes available. Also used by many Irish players, the Goodtime 2 is the jazz and Celtic banjo of c… Learn More
Availability: Order Now!
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Jazz, Celtic, old-timey or Dixieland.
The 23-inch scale on the Goodtime 2-19 Fret Tenor gives the jazz player a fast scale but with lots of notes available. Also used by many Irish players, the Goodtime 2 is the jazz and Celtic banjo of choice. The maple rim with maple resonator generates good natural volume to help the player project the notes from the banjo with less effort. The sealed tuning machines are smooth, with superior leverage for easy and accurate tuning. The exotic hardwood inlays in the rock maple fingerboard are helpful guides to play and are precision inlaid. Proudly made in the USA.This is a great tenor for learning to play jazz, be it Dixieland or traditional jazz because this banjo is lightweight and not as loud as a more expensive banjo so it's easier on the ears of family members! It has a very pleasant tone that certainly is vibrant without being overbearing. Only weighing in at 5 lbs, this cute little banjo is great for traveling, camping, taking to the beach and just having fun. Tuned in fifths like a mandolin or violin, it is an easy transition to banjo and a great change of pace for the mandolin or violin player. It has a durable finish covering all the wood parts to protect it. Even when you step up to a more professional banjo, this little Goodtime tenor will be a great companion for fun and relaxation. Goodtime delivers.Case sold separately. Versatile tenor. Order today.
- Warm and clear
- Great for Dixie
- Rhythm or solo
Deering Goodtime 2 19-Fret Tenor Banjo
- Blonde Slender Rock Maple Neck
- 19 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Exotic Wood Bowtie Inlays
- Sealed Geared Guitar Tuners
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Fiddle Shaped Peghead
- 3-ply violin grade Goodtime Maple Rim
- 11³ Frosted Bottom High Crown Head
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 16 Bracket Shoes
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32³ Hex Nuts
- Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- 2 Piece Flange
- Nickel plated Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Resonator of Blond Maple
- Black Binding
- Durable Satin Finish
- Triangle Box for Carrying
- Has a bright sound of maple that projects well.
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
- Tuned: C,G,D,A in standard tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes with light gauge strings
- Can also be played with medium gauge strings.
- Neck Width at the Nut: 1 1/4³
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge: 23³
- Rim diameter: 13 7/8³
- Overall Instrument Length: 38³
- Weight: 6 lbs
- Warranty: The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Goodtime Banjo a six year warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.