- Item # 1537060
- Model # GJR-SP
The Deering Goodtime Jr. is a shorter scale version of its famous Goodtime Openback sibling, making it the perfect beginner banjo for kids or players of smaller stature who are looking to add a splash… Learn More
Availability: Order Now!
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
The perfect beginner banjo that's durable and easy to play and maintain.
The Deering Goodtime Jr. is a shorter scale version of its famous Goodtime Openback sibling, making it the perfect beginner banjo for kids or players of smaller stature who are looking to add a splash of fun to their playing. The iconic blonde maple aesthetic of the Goodtime banjos is accented in a choice of uniquely finished appointments, including the tension hoop, tailpiece and coordinator rod, as well as beautiful matching fret marker inlays. This made-in-the-USA model is easy to play, durable and easy to maintain. The Deering Goodtime banjo produces a vibrant ringing tone from its natural finished violin grade maple rim. At only 4 pounds, the weight makes it ideal for both children and adults to play and to travel with conveniently. As you play the 19-fret, 23" scale Goodtime Jr., the medium strings offer both physical and tonal balance across the necks shorter scale, which also makes this banjo a perfect travel or camping companion. Fans of the Goodtime banjos will also be happy to know that the Jr. retains the groundbreaking 3-ply violin grade maple rim, which has been key in helping the Goodtime sound so good for so many players. Don't settle for an average time—have a Goodtime. The perfect beginner banjo for all ages. Order today.
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation and round full \bodied tone.
- Comes strung with Deering medium gauge banjo strings
- Tuning: G, D, G, B, D in standard G tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well
- Neck width at nut: 1 1/4"
- Scale length nut to bridge: 23 1/8”
- Rim diameter: 11”
- Overall instrument length: 33 1/2"
- Weight: approximately 4 pounds
Deering Goodtime Jr. Openback Banjo
- Blonde slender rock maple neck
- 19 pressed-in nickel silver frets
- Color-matching Bow Tie Inlays
- Sealed geared tuners
- Geared 5th string tuner
- Durable satin finish
- Deering Fiddle shaped peghead
- 11" blonde 3-ply violin-grade maple rim
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 11” Frosted Top High Crown Head
- 5/8” maple/ebony Goodtime bridge
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32” nuts
- 16 bracket shoes with screw attachments
- Deering patented Goodtime tailpiece
- Steel coordinator rod for adjustments
- Durable satin finish