An affordable 5-string with a new tone ring for added volume.
The Goodtime Special Tone Ring is a new feature on the Goodtime Special banjo. Designed by Deering, the Goodtime Special Tone Ring produces a louder, sweeter bell tone, a considerable step up in tone from the original tone ring that was featured on Deering's Goodtime Special banjos. The volume of tone is a wonderful surprise to players who pick up this unassuming Goodtime Special banjo to find a real prize. If you're looking for a banjo with good volume and tone, and prefer to keep the cost as low as possible, then this is the banjo could just be the one for you. It will perform well in a jam session or band setting, feel comfortable, fret correctly, and be a stable instrument you can play for years to come.
- Blonde maple neck and Resonator
- 3-ply violin maple rim
- Steel tone ring
- Patented Goodtime Banjo tailpiece
- Ergonomic, comfortable neck shape
- Hardwood fingerboard bow tie style inlays
- All geared, sealed tuners
- Nickel-plated metal parts
- Durable satin finish
- 16 flat hooks with 9/32" nuts
- 2-piece resonator flange