- Item # 1148619
- Model # S-17
The Sierra 17 fret tenor is made with Deering's world renowned '06 tone ring, three-ply violin-quality maple rim, one piece resonator flange, and Deering "quiet metal" fully adjustable tailpiece. This… Learn More
Reserve Now! This item is backordered but it is available to reserve now. You will not be charged until the item ships.
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Great for jazz or Irish.
The Sierra 17 fret tenor is made with Deering's world renowned '06 tone ring, three-ply violin-quality maple rim, one piece resonator flange, and Deering "quiet metal" fully adjustable tailpiece. This pot assembly is the same design used in much more expensive banjos. The warm, full and bright tone of this tenor banjo is the finest available for either the jazz tuning C,G,D,A or the low Irish tuning of G,D,A,E. Jazz players like bright snappy tenor banjos. Irish players often like warm, deep sounding tenor banjos. The Sierra 17-fret tenor will do both with equal authority. Made of mahogany with a slim comfortable neck and ebony fingerboard, the Sierra banjo will give you hours of lasting pleasure. Order today and participate in Celtic song circles or jazz jams with equal effectiveness.
- Versatile tenor
- Select woods and cosmetic appointments
- Great sound and playability
- Hard shell case included
Deering Sierra 17-Fret Tenor Banjo
- Mahogany or Maple
- Natural Ebony fingerboard
- 17 Pressed in Nickel Silver Frets
- Original Deering Designed Engraved Inlays
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Fully Adjustable truss rod
- Deering Planetary banjo tuners
- Durable Satin Finish
- Genuine Deering -06- Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Violin Grade Three ply Maple Rim
- Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- Standard 11³ Frosted Bottom Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks and ¼³ Hex Nuts
- One Piece Cast Zinc Flange
- Slender Shaped Armrest
- Deering True Tone Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Trimmed In White
- Straight Internal Sidewalls
- Durable Satin Finish
- Includes a Traditional Hardshell Case
- Has the sweet sound of mahogany with less sustain than maple or walnut.
- Professional quality tone. Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
- C,G,D,A for standard tenor tuning
- G,D,A,E for Irish music
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut: 1 1/8³
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge: 21³
- Resonator diameter: 13 7/8³
- Overall Instrument Length: 32³
- Weight: 11 lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.