- Item # 1148621
- Model # S-PL
The Sierra Plectrum four string banjo is one of the most versatile plectrum banjos in the world. It's Deering '06 tone ring delivers brilliant clarity, full bodied richness and and dynamic power that… Learn More
Availability: In Stock & Ready to Ship
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Excellent quality four-string.
The Sierra Plectrum four string banjo is one of the most versatile plectrum banjos in the world. It's Deering '06 tone ring delivers brilliant clarity, full bodied richness and and dynamic power that works with any musical style. The three-ply violin-grade maple rim enhances the sweet resonance of this plectrum banjo for the dedicated traditional jazz player or the modern folk player. The intricate inlays are elegantly delicate and in keeping with this world class banjo.Warning: detailed banjo-speak is about to follow: The Sierra banjo, while being Deering's least expensive professional banjo, has become the flagship of the line. The pot assembly of the Sierra, the violin-grade maple 3-ply rim, the -06- tone ring, the one piece zinc flange, the notched tension hoop, the Deering tail piece and armrest are exactly the same as the entire Deering line, all the way up to the Gabriella, with just a few exceptions; the Golden Era has a different zinc flange, the Hartford hasa Grenadillo wood tone ring, the Terry Baucum has an -06- tone ring that is just a few ounces lighter than the standard -06- tone ring, and the Tenbrooks banjos have the Swiss Jens Kruger tone ring.The G.D.L. has the exact same pot assembly as the Sierra, The Ivanhoe, except for cosmetic differences such as gold plating, has the exact same pot assembly as the Sierra. The Maple Blossom, the Deluxe, the Calico, the Black Diamond all have the exact same pot assembly as the Sierra. This means that the Sierra is truly a top professional banjo.When Deering first introduced the Sierra they kept the cost down by keeping the cosmetics simple. The Sierra has been tremendously successful, but it is no longer cosmetically simple. With the implementation of new technology, Deering has been able to make the Sierra exquisitely beautiful without raising the price. Inspired by the art work of the old masters of the Boston banjo era from the turn of the last century, Deering has brought an artistic sensibility to the Sierra that is usually reserved for banjos costing much more. For jazz and Celtic, or anything else your imagination thinks might be a fit. Order today.
- Select woods and cosmetic appoiuntments
- Easy to play
- Great sound and projection
- Hard shell case included
Deering Sierra Plectrum Banjo
- Natural Ebony fingerboard
- Pearl dot position markers
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Fully Adjustable truss rod
- Deering Planetary banjo tuners
- Durable Satin Finish
- Genuine Deering -06- Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Violin Grade Three ply Maple Rim
- Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- Standard 11³ Frosted Bottom Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks and ¼³ Hex Nuts
- One piece cast Zinc Flange
- Slender Shaped Armrest
- Deering True Tone tailpiece
- Nickel plated Hardware
- Trimmed in white
- Straight internal sidewalls
- Durable Satin Finish
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- Has the sweet sound of mahogany with less sustain than maple or walnut.
- Professional quality tone. Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
- Tuned:C,G,B,D for Dixieland Jazz or can be tuned D,G,B,E for guitar style tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut: 1 3/16³
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge: 26 1/4³
- Resonator Diameter: 13 7/8³
- Overall Instrument Length: 38³
- Weight: 11 lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.