- Item # 1530521
- Model # EQDAFTEEUROV1USA
The EarthQuaker Devices Afterneath Eurorack Module brings the otherworldly reverb/delay sounds from their acclaimed Afterneath effects pedal into your modular synthesizer with an expanded feature set.… Learn More
Availability: Order Now!
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Everything you love about the pedal—plus much more—in a Eurorack format for your modular synth rig.
The EarthQuaker Devices Afterneath Eurorack Module brings the otherworldly reverb/delay sounds from their acclaimed Afterneath effects pedal into your modular synthesizer with an expanded feature set. The new features in the Afterneath Module transform the original stompbox into an ambient powerhouse and an instrument unto itself. The Afterneath Module features one main audio input, one main audio output, an audio send and return for the Reflect feedback path, and nine controls. Four of the parameters are controllable via CV, and each is equipped with a dedicated inverting attenuator. The Afterneath Module has a completely analog dry signal path and a totally digital wet signal.The Afterneath Module builds upon the EarthQuaker Afterneath pedal with the addition of voltage control over the Diffuse, Length and Drag controls. They have also added an entirely new voltage-controlled Mode parameter that changes how the Drag responds to knob and CV changes. When adjusting the Drag via the knob or CV, you will notice a change in character, fidelity and decay length of the effect. There is also a noticeable change in pitch for the sound that is in the Afterneath’s buffer. As with the Afterneath pedal, high settings of the Reflect and Length controls result in self-oscillation, where the pitch of the oscillation is set by the Drag control. There are nine modes that govern the behavior of the Drag control and its effect on the pitch of the sound in the buffer:Unquantized: Smooth, unquantized response over entire range of Drag parameterUnquantized with Slew: Smooth, unquantized response over the entire operating range but with a musical slew similar to turning the varispeed knob on a vintage British tape delay—the “Drag” will lag behind the knob or CV changes but then quickly catch upUnquantized Volt/Octave: Smooth and unquantized, yet scaled to align with the 1V/octave curve to allow melodic modulation of audio in the buffer, or control the frequency of self-oscillation like a voltage-controlled oscillatorChromatic Scale – Quantized to 1V/octave—jumps to intervals within Chromatic scaleMajor Scale: Quantized to 1V/octave— jumps to intervals within Major scaleMinor Scale: Quantized to 1V/octave—jumps to intervals within Minor scalePentatonic Scale: Quantized to 1V/octave— jumps to intervals within Pentatonic scaleOctaves and Fifths: Quantized to 1V/octave—jumps to octaves and fifths of original pitchOctaves: Quantized to 1V/octave, so that it jumps to octaves of the original pitchBeyond modulated delay and reverb effects, modes 3–9 extend the possibility of using the EarthQuaker Afterneath Module as a voltage-controlled oscillator. Another new feature in the Afterneath Module is a Dry Kill switch that allows access to a 100% wet signal. This is perfect when you are using the module as an effect send from your mixer or DAW.Last, but certainly not least, EarthQuaker added a Reflect Send and Reflect Return jack. This not only allows external processing of the Afterneath’s Reflect feedback path, but also gives the user access to a phenomenal pseudo-stereo effect. In addition to patching from the main output, you can also patch from Reflect Send jack (For example, using the main audio output as your left channel, and the Reflect Send as your right channel). This provides a wide, immersive, ambient stereo image. This is a great trick for when using the module as an effects send for your favorite modular, mixer or DAW. Additionally, the Reflect Return jack can be used as an additional audio input. The Reflect knob will act as an attenuator for any signal that is patched into the Reflect jack. Order today to bring otherworldly sounds to your rig.
- Same otherworldly reverb algorithm built from an adjustable cluster of short delays in a 16HP Eurorack format
- Ranges from scattered individual delays to an immersive wash of atmospheric reverb
- New voltage control over the Drag parameter with 9 unique modes of user-selectable sweep: Unquantized, Unquantized with Slew, Unquantized Volt/Octave, Chromatic, Major, Minor, Pentatonic, Octaves & Fifths, Octaves
- Features audio send and return for the Reflect feedback path
- Drag, Mode, Diffuse and Length parameters are controllable via CV, each with dedicated inverting attenuators
- Features Dry Kill switch to eliminate the dry signal from the output, leaving only the wet signal
- Capable of pseudo-stereo operation by using the Reflect Send as an additional output
- All analog dry signal path and a totally digital effect signal path
EarthQuaker Devices Afterneath Eurorack Module
- Power: Standard 10-pin Eurorack power connector with marking to notate negative pins
- Current Draw: 95 mA from the +12v rail, 0 mA from both the -12v and +5v rails
- Input: Capable of handling input signals ranging from instrument-level to modular-level, depending on the setting of the Input knob
- Width: 16HP
- Max Depth: 1.24" (31.75 mm)
- Boxed dimensions: 5.5" x 4.25" x 3.25"
- Out-of-box dimensions: 5" x 3.25" x 1.75"
- Weight: 0.75 lbs
- Lifetime warranty