- Item # 1336552
- Model # EQDGEV3
You hear that EVP, bud? It’s the updated, extra spook-tacular, Ghost Echo calling out from beyond the void! The Ghost Echo is EarthQuaker Devices spooky take on the haunted amp-top spring reverberatio… Learn More
Availability: In Stock & Ready to Ship
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Add a touch of the ethereal to your rig with this ghostly reverb.
You hear that EVP, bud? It’s the updated, extra spook-tacular, Ghost Echo calling out from beyond the void! The Ghost Echo is EarthQuaker Devices spooky take on the haunted amp-top spring reverberation units of yesteryear. This creepy analog/digital spring reverb emulation machine boasts a terrifying 30ms – 150ms of pre-delay, controllable via the “Attack” knob, for everything from a quick rockabilly slapback, to viscous pools of ectoplasmic reverberations. When playing staccato, you’ll hear the tortured trails of the reverb, resulting in more of a slapback, or echo sound. Legato playing will reveal a massive ambient “depth” that fattens up the sound.The “Dwell” control sets the length and thickness of the decay, which is to say that it controls how long the disembodied spirits of notes no longer with us float through the ether. At the maximum setting it will descend into an infinite loop of self-oscillation. The “Depth” sets the intensity of the reverb, which you probably know as the wet/dry mix, but EarthQuaker likes to think of it more as how scary the overall effect is.The Ghost Echo is true bypass and built one at a time by a team of friendly ghosts in the never-ending hall of funhouse mirrors that is Akron, Ohio, USA. Call or click to order today!
- Attack: Adjusts the length of the pre-delay, from 30ms at minimum to about 150ms at maximum. When the Dwell is set to self-oscillate, this will change the pitch of the oscillations.
- Dwell: Adjusts the length of the decay. This will start to self-oscillate around 3 O’clock, the pitch of the oscillations can be changed by turning the Attack control.
- Depth: Mixes in the wet signal with the dry, unity is around noon and everything after is boosted.
- V3 Updates
- Upgraded op-amps for better performance and lower noise than v1 and v2
- Stronger reverb signal with 2x the output of the v1 and v2 Ghost Echo
- Recalibrated “Dwell” control capable of self-oscillations when all the way up
- New artwork
- Silent relay-based switching
EarthQuaker Devices Ghost Echo Reverb V3 Guitar Effects Pedal
- Power: The Ghost Echo should be powered by a standard 9-volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. Do not run at higher voltages!
- Current Draw: 80ma, Input impedance: 10M, Output impedance: 1K
- Switching: This device is true bypass and uses electronic relay based switching. Audio will not pass without power.