A robust overdrive pedal for added distortion while still preserving your tone.
The best of the original Speaker Cranker plus modern upgradesThe Special Cranker includes the same spongy, dynamic and touch-sensitive character of the original EarthQuaker Speaker Cranker, plus a new suite of features. The Special Cranker has more gain, double the output volume (now with a user-friendly Level control), an added Tone control to shape your signal and a diode selector switch featuring the original asymmetrical Silicon diodes as well as a new Germanium diode option.
The More control goes from nearly clean to a medium gain overdrive when at maximum. The gain characteristics are dependent on which diodes are chosen—when the Germanium diodes are selected, the Special Cranker delivers a softer, more rounded response with tamed highs and lower output, while the Silicon diodes add a brighter, more modern edge and higher output. Both are exceptionally responsive to playing dynamics and have excellent clarity. The Tone control gives you full command over treble frequencies, cutting the highs when counterclockwise and adding a slight high frequency boost when turned clockwise. The Level control adjusts the output from nothing to nearly double at maximum.
- All-analog signal path
- True bypass
- Silent relay-based switching with Flexi-Switch technology
- Manufacturer’s lifetime guarantee
- Current draw: 15 mA
- Input impedance: ≈5 MΩ
- Output impedance: <25 kΩ
- Dimensions: 4.75" x 2.5" x 2.25" (121 mm x 64 mm x 57 mm)
- Weight: 15 oz (425 g)
- Gives your signal extra grit and boost without radically altering your tone
- Maintains all the natural nuances and vibes of your amp
- Two distinct clipping modes: Germanium and Silicon
- Germanium mode delivers a softer, more rounded response with tamed highs and lower output
- Silicon mode gives a brighter, more modern response with higher output
- Get explosive overbiased tones at maximum gain, depending on the output of your pickups
- Flexible Tone control to give you full command over the treble frequencies