Over 90 lessons with video and interactive elements to improve the learning process.
This series of voice lessons teaches you to enunciate lyrics, improve your vocal tone, understand chest, head and mixed voices, sustain notes longer and sing with more expression and style. Interactive Feedback listens to you sing using the computer microphone and displays if you are singing a note in tune. Performance Evaluation tracks the pitch and rhythm as you sing an entire piece. Color-coded notes show where you sang flat, sharp or in tune, and the performance is given an overall score to make it easy to see your progress. eMedia Singing For Dummies Level 2 includes a variety of over 40 great songs—including hits by John Lennon and others—to keep the process entertaining.
With more than 250 million copies in circulation, For Dummies is the most widely recognized and regarded reference series in the world.
- Computer platform: Mac
- Delivery: Download
- Version: Full version
- Internet connection recommended for online activation
- Mac requirements: OS X 10.5 to 10.14, 32-bit only
- Vocal tutorials that teach you how to sing better with lessons that cover how to sing consonants, improve vocal tone, sustained singing (including melisma), chest/head/mixed voice and singing more expressively (how to sing with vibrato, messa di voce and more)
- Separate male and female tracks, each with selectable high and low recordings to match the student's vocal range
- Performance Evaluation that shows where you sang flat, sharp or in tune and grades your performance for an entire piece
- Interactive Feedback technology that listens to your singing via the computer microphone and then displays the notes you're singing on screen in notation
- Color-coded notes display whether you're singing flat or sharp, and an arrow shows whether you need to sing higher or lower
- Vocal warmups and exercises to keep you singing your best and avoid straining your voice
- Lessons and songs with audio and variable-speed MIDI tracks where selections can be looped, slowed or sped up
- Includes professionally-arranged live piano accompaniments that make the process more fun and engaging
- A digital metronome to help your sense of rhythm, and an audio recorder so you can hear yourself sing and track your progress
- Songs include: "Imagine" by John Lennon; "L'ho Perduta (the Marriage of Figaro)"; "Midnight Special" made famous by Creedence Clearwater Revival; "St. Louis Blues" and more