- Item # 1120384
- Model # EBTCVSBH1
The Thunderbird IV was first introduced in 1963 and instantly became one of rock's most recognizable bass guitar designs. For almost five decades, the Thunderbird has powered artists as varied as Nikk… Learn More
Reserve Now! This item is backordered but it is available to reserve now. You will not be charged until the item ships.
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
A rock classic featuring Gibson TB-Plus humbuckers with ceramic magnets
The Thunderbird IV was first introduced in 1963 and instantly became one of rock's most recognizable bass guitar designs. For almost five decades, the Thunderbird has powered artists as varied as Nikki Sixx, The Who, Kings of Leon, Cheap Trick, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Steely Dan and The Silversun Pickups. Turn on your radio and you'll hear a Thunderbird bass. Now, Epiphone takes all the vintage mojo of the original Thunderbird IV and sends it flying into the future with Gibson TB Plus humbuckers with ceramic magnets and all the 'Bird's original styling and features intact.The Thunderbird IV was one of the most radical designs to come out of the Gibson and Epiphone Kalamazoo factory in the early '60s, thanks to legendary automotive designer Ray Dietrich, who was asked to put a new twist on solidbody guitars and basses. The sound of the Thunderbird IV was as cutting edge as its design and now the Thunderbird Classic-IV PRO returns with all of Epiphone's first-class quality and a lifetime guarantee, but without the hassles of owning (or hiding) a vintage instrument. Case sold separately. Join the list of rock legends today. Order now!
- Gibson TB Plus humbuckers
- Historic 60's era Thunderbird profile
- Mahogany body wings
- 7-ply Mahogany/walnut neck
- Through-neck neck joint
- Rosewood fingerboard with pearloid dot inlays
- 20-Medium jumbo, nickel/silver alloy frets
- Classic style 3-point adjustable Flush-Mount, fully adjustable bridge
- Neck volume, Bridge volume and Master tone controls
- Black die-cast tuners with 17:1 ratio
- Black hardware
- Black TopHats control knobs with chrome metal inserts
- Optional hard case with black vinyl exterior, gray plush interior and chrome hardware
- Case sold separately
Epiphone Thunderbird Classic-IV PRO Electric Bass Guitar
- Scale Length: 34"
- Nut Width: 1.50"
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"