Inspired by Sammy Duet’s iconic Random Star-shaped guitar for ultimate shredding tone.
The ESP LTD Sammy Duet SD-2 electric guitar is based on his own ESP Custom Shop model, famous for its Random Star shape. Founder of legendary New Orleans-based extreme metal band Goatwhore, Sammy Duet is renowned for creating speedy, tight rhythms and punishingly brutal riffs. The LTD SD-2 offers a mahogany body and sturdy neck-through-body construction at 24.75” scale for fast, easy access to the highest frets. The 3-piece mahogany neck is topped with a bound Macassar ebony fingerboard with 24 extra-jumbo stainless-steel frets, diamond-shaped mother-of-pearl inlays and glow-in-the-dark side markers. Its sound is driven by a single Seymour Duncan Blackout active pickup, designed to provide the sharp, articulate response necessary for modern model. Additional appointments include a Floyd Rose 1000 SE double-locking tremolo with stainless steel screws, LTD tuners and a locking nut. Comes with an ESP hardshell case.
- Body type: Single cutaway, Random Star
- Top wood: Mahogany
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Neck shape: Extra-thin "U"
- Neck wood: 3-piece Mahogany
- Joint: Neck-through
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Material: Macassar ebony
- Radius: 13.78" (350 mm)
- Fret size: Extra-jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Mother-of-pearl
- Nut width/material: 1.65 in. (42 mm) locking
- Configuration: H
- Bridge: Seymour Duncan humbucker
- Control layout: Master volume
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Floyd Rose 1000 SE
- Tuning machines: LTD
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 6 string
- Case: Hardshell case
- Orientation: Right handed
- Mahogany top and body
- 3-piece mahogany neck with neck-through-body construction
- Macassar ebony fingerboard with 24 extra-jumbo frets and mother-of-pearl inlays
- Single Seymour Duncan Blackout active pickup at the bridge