- Item # 1505532
- Model # PS-100
The Fryette Power Station 100 Dual-Mode Reactance Tube Amplifier is an easy to use Power Attenuator for controlling the volume of high-powered tube amplifiers with none of the drawbacks of a conventio… Learn More
Reserve Now! This item is backordered but it is available to reserve now. You will not be charged until the item ships.
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Expand the versatility or your amp while retaining true tube tone.
The Fryette Power Station 100 Dual-Mode Reactance Tube Amplifier is an easy to use Power Attenuator for controlling the volume of high-powered tube amplifiers with none of the drawbacks of a conventional attenuator. The PS-100 features two sets of remote foot-switchable front panel Volume, Presence and Depth controls for maximum live performance flexibility, and a powerful Dual 6550 100W Mono-Block for unparalleled punch and dynamic range. If you have ever used a traditional Power Attenuator, you have already experienced the loss of tone and dynamics of your amplifier at various volume settings, and the frustration with the rotary level switch that always seems one step too loud or one step too quiet. The Power Station not only solves all of those problems, but also provides you with more sonic options in one convenient package:• Preserves tube amplifier tone at any volume setting down to whisper level• Preserves and enhances the dynamic feel and speaker response at any volume• Maintains natural speaker/power amplifier interactive behavior• Two sets of remote foot-switchable Volume, Presence and Depth controls for maximum live performance versatility• Post-distortion Foot-Switchable Effects Loop provides a 100% analog signal path• Balanced XLR and Unbalanced 1/4” Adjustable Line Outputs for direct recording or live performance signal processing• True Impedance Matching, including 2/4, 8 or 16 ohms for both the amplifier and cabinet to optimize sonic performance while preventing damage to your amplifier• Remote bypass function using the Power Station Remote accessory (sold separately)• Completely safe for any tube amplifier A Powerful Re-Amping Tool As a re-amper, the Power Station breathes new life and utility into your favorite gear. Now any small amp, preamp or modeler can cut a live gig with a full band. • Crank a mini amp to the threshold of destruction, then adjust the Power Station to preserve the original tone or create an entirely new identity for it• Perfect as mono power amplifier for guitar preamps, floor preamps and modeling preamps• Ideal as an effects power amp for a Wet/Dry amp rig or a monitor power amp for live modeling direct to front of house• Great as a desktop power amp for adding tube power to direct recordings for any instrument or signal source• Protect your delicate vintage mics by keeping speaker cabinet volume low in the studio• No A/D/A conversion, therefore NO latency Silent ModeThe Silent Mode feature provides a versatile reactive load for silent recording using low- or high-powered tube amplifiers. In Silent Mode, the Balanced XLR Out and Unbalanced Line Out remain operational even with the AC power disconnected. Note: Unit should remain under power when used with high-powered amplifiers to maintain safe operating temperatures. The Power Station 100 provides a variety of performing and recording solutions for every kind of playing or performing application/environment and breathes new life and functionality into any amp large or small.
Fryette PS-100 Power Station 100 100W Tube Reactance Amplifier
- Power: 100W (tube)
- Tubes: One 12AX7 (preamp); two 6550 (power amp)
- Power input (Max continuous): 200W @ 2/4 Ohms; 150W @ 8 Ohms; 200W @16 Ohms
- Output impedance: 2/4, 8 or 16 Ohms, selectable
- Load amp impedance: 2/4, 8 or 16 Ohms, selectable
- Can drive a 2 Ohm speaker load, using the 2/4 Ohm setting
- Active safety bypass feature disables internal power amp and maintains critical load on your amplifier if speaker output jack is accidentally unplugged
- Front panel controls: A/B Select switch, Hi/Lo Input Level switch, High frequency response switch - Flat, Brite, Edge, Low frequency response switch - Flat, Warm, Deep, Volume, Presence and Depth controls, Bypass (standby) switch, Power switch
- Rear panel features: Amp In, Amplifier Impedance select – 2/4, 8 or 16 Ohms, Balanced Line Out XLR with Level Control, Unbalanced 1/4” Line Out, FX Send, FX Return, FX Level Switch, Unbalanced 1/4” Line In, Speaker Impedance select 2/4, 8 or 16 Ohms, Speaker Out, Remote Footswitch jack, Ground Lift, Mains Fuse, AC Input
- Carry bag and rack kits are available and sold separately
- Dimensions: 14" x 2.75" x 9"
- Weight: 16 lb.