Recreation of the ASAT Special with jumbo single-coil pickups.
The G&L Tribute ASAT Special honors the quintessential G&L guitar, viewed by many as Leo Fender’s ultimate single-cutaway. The ASAT Special features jumbo single-coil Magnetic Field Design pickups, each with a narrow bobbin aperture for a coil which is shallow yet wide. In this regard, an MFD jumbo single coil is similar to a P-90 or Jazzmaster pickup, yet the MFD principle provides a punchier bottom end and brighter top end sparkling with harmonics. Leo further departed with the past with the addition of his innovative Saddle-Lock bridge which transfers string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. The result is one of the most versatile guitars ever, serving up twang, searing blues and smooth jazz tones. The Tribute Series ASAT Special brings the magic of Leo’s own reinterpretation of the single-cutaway bolt-on guitar, all at a price attainable for every working musician.
- Body Type: Single Cutaway Solid Body
- Body wood: Poplar or sassafras
- Neck shape: Medium C
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Material: Maple or rosewood
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.62"
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Proprietary Single Coil
- Bridge: Proprietary Single Coil
- Control layout: Master volume, Master tone
- Pickup switch: 3-Way
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Bridge design: G&L Saddle-Lock
- Tuning machines: High-ratio Sealed
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6 String
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Country of Origin: Indonesia
- Poplar or sassafras body
- Bolt-on maple neck with Medium C profile
- Maple or rosewood fingerboard
- Dual jumbo G&L single-coil pickups