Line Input module for the 500 Series based on the 73 80 equalizer.
The 73EQ JR equalizer from Heritage Audio is a fully featured Line Input module for the 500 Series. It not only shares the 3-band Equalizer with its big brother, the Heritage Audio 73 80, but also shares the same transformer coupled line preamp and Class A transformer balanced output stage. This makes the 73EQ JR unique on its class, being able to capture a full transformer based, Class A sound without relying on external preamps. The equalizer features the same Baxandall type High and Low shelf found in the HA73 80 Series, with the addition of a high frequency selector switch and four possible different frequencies instead of the fixed 12Khz one. The mid-band is the same exact dual inductor, delivering thick, low and sweet high midrange boosts without becoming muddy or brittle. The line preamp has a range of +6 to -20dB, allowing heavy eq boosts without overloading A/D converters. Finally, special care has been taken with power handling, implementing internal +24v slow turn on regulation (about 20 seconds to reach full voltage). This makes your 73EQ JR independent of the rest of the slots and makes your lunchbox's PSU happier.
- Input Impedance: 10 Kohms bridging, transformer balanced and floating
- Output impedance: Less than 75 Ohms, transformer balanced and floating, to drive a 600 ohms load
- Maximum output: Greater than +26dBu into 600 Ohms
- THD: Less than 0.025% at 1Khz, less than 0.05% at 100Hz
- Maximum gain: 6 dB
- Power consumption: Less than 85 mA per rail at +-16VDC