80 Series microphone preamp and EQ packed with vintage sounds.
The Heritage Audio 8173 module has been engineered to fill input module slots in the restoration process of vintage 80 Series sound mixing consoles. It is also compatible with the Heritage Audio Frame 8 and Rack 2 powered enclosures. The 8173 could be easily described as a 73 with the mid bands of an 81. Special care has been taken in sourcing the correct components that ensure performance will be as close to a 1070s unit as is possible. Custom polystyrene and film tone capacitors have been developed to closely match the Siemens Styroflex and Mullard Mustard types of the late ’60s and early ’70s. The Heritage Audio 8173 is entirely handmade in Spain, employing the same old-fashioned wiring and soldering techniques of the ’70s.
- Microphone input impedance: HI, 1200 Ohm minimum, LO, 300 Ohm minimum
- Line input impedance: 10KOhms bridging, transformer balanced and floating
- Output impedance: Less than 75 Ohms, transformer balanced and floating, to drive a load of 600 Ohms
- Maximum output: Greater than +26dBu into 600 Ohms, THD: Less than 0.025% at 1Khz, Less than 0.05% at 100Hz
- Frequency response :20Hz (+0.3dB) to 20Khz (-0.2dB)
- Maximum Gain: Slightly greater than 80dB
- Noise: Less than -100dBu
- Power consumption: Less than 110 mA @24VDC