Powerful summing mixer inspired by vintage sounds.
The Heritage Audio MCM-32 is a rack mountable analog summing mixer comprising vintage quality sound with sophisticated routing options and is the perfect partner for hybrid setups and integrating analog gear with your DAW. The MCM-32 employs a unique configuration, offering 32 input channels arranged into four subgroups of eight. Each channel features center detent Pan and Fader concentric controls plus balanced insert and mute switches. The insert send points always have the signal present, so they can be alternatively used as direct outputs for recording without additional patch bays. Each group has its own stereo fader and balanced insert point and all four stereo subgroups are passively summed into the master bus. The gain is restored by means of a 73-style class A, transformer coupled, mic preamplifier, featuring a total of four transformers. The master section is also provided with its own balanced insert point. All connections on the back are made by DSUB 25 connectors following the Tascam protocol, with the exception of the master bus connections, which are by dedicated XLRs. The smart summing topology employed in the MCM series of mixers allows for an impressive headroom and surprising low noise figure for a 32 channel, vintage topology mixer. Special care has been taken on improving crosstalk and self-noise figures from those on the vintage designs in order to accommodate MCM mixers into the digital era. The transformer-based class A output stage is able to deliver a full +26dBu output.
- Channel Input Impedance: Greater than 20K ohm
- Maximum channel input level: Greater than +26dBu
- Maximum insert return input level: Greater than +26dBu
- Maximum insert send level: Greater than +27dBu, able to drive 600 ohm
- Maximum output level: Greater than +26dBu into 600ohm
- Frequency response: ±0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz
- THD + N: Not more than 0.07% from 50 Hz to 10 kHz at +20dBu output (22 Hz to 22 Khz bandwidth) into 600Ω